Thread: 2A March flyer

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

http://secondamendmentmarch.com/prin...8x11_flyer.pdf

Above is a Second Amendment March info flyer. You can print them out and give to people, post in store windows and give to merchants to handout in their stores.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I have been thinking about this 2A March and have some of the info on their site. It would seem to indicate that Open Carry would be illegal due to being in DC. I am thinking that the National Mall is a National Park and the law about carrying firearms being allowed in National Parks goes into effect in 2/22/2010. I know that the National Parks statement will probably follow "we follow State Laws", but DC is not a State. I do not know if there are specific restrictions in the Law for DC...

Any ideas???
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    I have been thinking about this 2A March and have some of the info on their site. It would seem to indicate that Open Carry would be illegal due to being in DC. I am thinking that the National Mall is a National Park and the law about carrying firearms being allowed in National Parks goes into effect in 2/22/2010. I know that the National Parks statement will probably follow "we follow State Laws", but DC is not a State. I do not know if there are specific restrictions in the Law for DC...

Any ideas???
    My thoughts are you are right and since DC is not a state and does ban firearms you could not possess firearms on the Mall. Even if you could you still need to pass through some part of DC and you couldn't have a firearm there. So getting them there is an issue.

The March is a peaceful assembly and firearm possession is not advocated by the March. The March can not control the actions of anyone, but we are hoping to avoid any bad press from someone bringing firearms to the March in DC.

But, we will have a March in Lansing the week before and firearms are allowed in and around the State Capital.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

This is why I will not attend D.C. events. I will, short of an emergency, be in Lansing for the 2A March.springerdave.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Damn that flyer's ugly.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Damn that flyer's ugly.
    Shut-up it does the job (I didn't create it):P. It gets the website address out there, which is what we want.

You sir, are free to create a new one. If it's good I'll pass it on to corporate.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Damn that flyer's ugly.
    Also I haven't heard back from you on organizing a SAM meeting. Rambo's place? That restaurant I was asked to leave a while back, they have a conference room.