• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Open Carry Letter to Editor in Chicago Daily Herald!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=305574&src=

Mr. Bekeleski and his cohorts at the NRA are kidding themselves if they think some coke-addled punk is going to think twice about ripping off Grandma's purse just because she might have a .38 under her shawl. If we're all going to carry guns, let's do this thing right and take the guess work out of self-defense.

Instead of concealed carry, we need open carry laws. Why hide our guns in a purse or a shoulder holster? Strap 'em to our hips in plain view. Let that coke head know Grandma's carrying.

Regarding Virgina Tech, we can all rest assured the massacre would not have occurred had Mr. Cho known the professors, aides, school officials, janitors, cafeteria personnel, landscapers and students were packing. After all, nothing is more sobering than an 18th century English literature professor with a Colt .45 strapped to his leg.

Of course, maybe Mr. Cho would not have done what he did if he couldn't have gotten hold of all of those guns in the first place. Maybe instead of saying, "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," Mr. Bekeleski might consider a bad guy without access to a gun is even better than a good guy packing one.

John Gillies

Schaumburg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Actually, I want the best of both worlds - the bad guy without access to guns and the good guys carrying.......just in case.

Gosh nab it, that's exactly why I carry - just in case.

Yata hey