Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Back!

Banned

Post imported post

It is time we make a stand and organize the movement.

Picketing the Pick-N-Save store and the Sentry Stores would be a great start.

Do we need any permits for this?

Banned

Post imported post

This is something we need to be ready to do. It is my understanding that this has helped a great deal in Michigan and has made their movement stronger.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

Seems like the sentry issue has been resolved. Depending on where the Pick is I'd do some picketing.
    The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair. Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I agree that if we don't hear back from Pick 'n Save we should picket. It's been two full business days since I wrote them, and have yet to hear anything back. At least Sentry got back to me.

Post imported post

I haven't received a response on my email to Pick n Save.

They are opening up a can of law abiding citizens.

Centurion

Post imported post

I have 2 voicemails in to the vp of retail ops, no response in 2 days. I say we demonstrate. For the time being we should do it at one of the stores a member was kicked out of. That way the heat will start at that managers store. No sense demonstrating at a store we OC at will in.

WOuld a Sunday work? Saturdays are out for me (but if thats when the most people could show up, then so be it) We need to make sure its a REALLY good showing. If we get 10 people that might send a worse message and hurt the cause. Sends the message taht we really aren't that motivated and there isn't much to lose for picknsave.

I say someone pick the store? The racine one seems like perhaps the best UNLESS more people could show up at the watertown one cause its centrally located. Comp45 knows the store best, I say his call on if we do that one or the racine one.

After we pick a store, we need to give it a good week or two. Long enough to REALLY REALLY spread the news to other gun boards and get a strong 100 person showing.

High noon on a Sunday seems like a good time to me!

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
    As soon as the date is announced, I'll do my best to clear the calendar andbring as many "west cost" residents as possible.

Post imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
    I will certainly do my best to get out there at that time when the date is announced.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Kinda curious about parking. Can we park in a pick-n-save parking lot? If we have a big turn out, that may be an issue. Or we can all buy a pack of gum and be paying customers. One person goes in, buys pack of gum, comes out. The next person does the same, that'd be fun, except the giving them buisness part.

Banned

Post imported post

Maybe we should picket the Racine store as it is a shared parking lot with Shopko.

Just a thought.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Maybe we should picket the Racine store as it is a shared parking lot with Shopko.

Just a thought.
    The Racine store does not share the lot with Shopko, there is a Walgreen out front though on the southeast corner of Hwy 31 and Hwy C (right in front of P'nS).

I think that picture you saw of Shopko was from the Watertown location.

I haven't been to the Watertown store, but based on the relative size of Watertown compared to Racine, and knowing that the Racine location is on one of the busier intersections in the city I'm sure more would see us at the Racine location.

Banned

Post imported post

Yes, I looked at the wrong photo.

Post imported post

Not much going on at the Watertown one. The strip mall across the street is abandoned. All the businesses in that area are moving to Johnsons Creek. Still a decently busy road, but not as much "bang for the buck" as the Racine one would be. Granted I've never been to the Racine one. Their was plans of putting a round-aboot there also. Not sure if they ever did. Stupid round-abouts...

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Ladies and gentlemen:

Valley View Mall, La Crosseis a PREIT Mall. We should all be notifying PREIT that the ban against constitutional rights in unacceptable.

Please go to the link below, and send the form, call, and fax them. Time to turn up the heat. PREIT is publically traded, can they afford to be pickited?

http://www.preit.com/tools/contactus/

Post imported post

There is a Piggly Wiggly a block down, and a strip mall across the street that is usually very light on business on Sundays. Perhaps we could park there.

geoff

Post imported post

I believe you can park on hwyC but as mentioned before it is a high traffic road.

geoff

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

i think sundays would be best.. but if its a different day.. ill try and make it! i wonder what day would be the busiest?

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    Ladies and gentlemen:

Valley View Mall, La Crosse*is a PREIT Mall.* We should all be notifying PREIT that the ban against constitutional rights in unacceptable.

Please go to the link below, and send the form, call, and fax them.* Time to turn up the heat.* PREIT is publically traded, can they afford to be pickited?

http://www.preit.com/tools/contactus/
    I found the Director of Leasing for Preit's Valley View Mall and he can be emailed HERE
    or contacted here

Shaun Hartnett
    phone: 814-360-7038

Post imported post

GlocksRfun wrote:
    Not much going on at the Watertown one.* The strip mall across the street is abandoned.* All the businesses in that area are moving to Johnsons Creek.* Still a decently busy road, but not as much "bang for the buck" as the Racine one would be.* Granted I've never been to the Racine one.* Their was plans of putting a round-aboot there also.* Not sure if they ever did.* Stupid round-abouts...
    The strip mall across the street was torn down to make room for the new Pick N Save that will be built there. The only business that moved to Johnson Creek was the Kohls store.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Banned

Post imported post

As I stated in another post I had written a letter to my cities Attorney concerning the city ordinance banning fire arms and banning fire arms in parks.
    Here is the letter I sent and the reply I received.

I did censor out some names for my families protection.

Sent:

Banned

Post imported post

Reply:

Post imported post

comp45acp wrote:
    GlocksRfun wrote:
    Not much going on at the Watertown one. The strip mall across the street is abandoned. All the businesses in that area are moving to Johnsons Creek. Still a decently busy road, but not as much "bang for the buck" as the Racine one would be. Granted I've never been to the Racine one. Their was plans of putting a round-aboot there also. Not sure if they ever did. Stupid round-abouts...
    The strip mall across the street was torn down to make room for the new Pick N Save that will be built there. The only business that moved to Johnson Creek was the Kohls store.
    It's been a while since I drove by there. I didn't know it was tore down.About time. Radio Shack, Webbs, Burger King, Walgreens, Stein Optical all used to be there. I retract my all moved to Johnsons Creek thing. I don't know where they went. It just seems to be a common theme of moving out there, so I assumed. The point that I'm trying to make is that most, if not all of the business across the street from there is abandoned, thus no traffic going into it that will see our signs,.... therefore the traffic is normal city traffic and not big shopping area traffic. Sorry for the confusion.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just read the attorny's letter toMr. Gleason. Thats actually good I guess! He recognizes where the local powers ends ""for the most part"". I wish they were like that in Milwaukee COunty......but f*ck em others carry in Milwaukee COunty Parks and I may too, I could almost guaruntee that anyone arrested based on a pre-empted oridnacewould WAY more than likey get help from outside sources IE: NRA. And have a VERY VERY goodchance of winning with minimal cost.

Ben

Banned

Post imported post

Yes, there clearly isn't the blatant disregard for answering someones inquiries.

Maybe it is because it is a small town, but they are very good about trying to understand the issues. For the most part anyways.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

What is the section 7.01 that the attorney is referring to?

Dave

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast