• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fighting Back!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

It is time we make a stand and organize the movement.

Picketing the Pick-N-Save store and the Sentry Stores would be a great start.

Do we need any permits for this?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

This is something we need to be ready to do. It is my understanding that this has helped a great deal in Michigan and has made their movement stronger.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree that if we don't hear back from Pick 'n Save we should picket. It's been two full business days since I wrote them, and have yet to hear anything back. At least Sentry got back to me.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I have 2 voicemails in to the vp of retail ops, no response in 2 days. I say we demonstrate. For the time being we should do it at one of the stores a member was kicked out of. That way the heat will start at that managers store. No sense demonstrating at a store we OC at will in.

WOuld a Sunday work? Saturdays are out for me (but if thats when the most people could show up, then so be it) We need to make sure its a REALLY good showing. If we get 10 people that might send a worse message and hurt the cause. Sends the message taht we really aren't that motivated and there isn't much to lose for picknsave.

I say someone pick the store? The racine one seems like perhaps the best UNLESS more people could show up at the watertown one cause its centrally located. Comp45 knows the store best, I say his call on if we do that one or the racine one.

After we pick a store, we need to give it a good week or two. Long enough to REALLY REALLY spread the news to other gun boards and get a strong 100 person showing.

High noon on a Sunday seems like a good time to me!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:

As soon as the date is announced, I'll do my best to clear the calendar andbring as many "west cost" residents as possible.

protias

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
I will certainly do my best to get out there at that time when the date is announced.

GlocksRfun

imported post

Kinda curious about parking. Can we park in a pick-n-save parking lot? If we have a big turn out, that may be an issue. Or we can all buy a pack of gum and be paying customers. One person goes in, buys pack of gum, comes out. The next person does the same, that'd be fun, except the giving them buisness part.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Maybe we should picket the Racine store as it is a shared parking lot with Shopko.

Just a thought.
The Racine store does not share the lot with Shopko, there is a Walgreen out front though on the southeast corner of Hwy 31 and Hwy C (right in front of P'nS).

I think that picture you saw of Shopko was from the Watertown location.

I haven't been to the Watertown store, but based on the relative size of Watertown compared to Racine, and knowing that the Racine location is on one of the busier intersections in the city I'm sure more would see us at the Racine location.

GlocksRfun

imported post

Not much going on at the Watertown one. The strip mall across the street is abandoned. All the businesses in that area are moving to Johnsons Creek. Still a decently busy road, but not as much "bang for the buck" as the Racine one would be. Granted I've never been to the Racine one. Their was plans of putting a round-aboot there also. Not sure if they ever did. Stupid round-abouts...

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ladies and gentlemen:

Valley View Mall, La Crosseis a PREIT Mall. We should all be notifying PREIT that the ban against constitutional rights in unacceptable.

Please go to the link below, and send the form, call, and fax them. Time to turn up the heat. PREIT is publically traded, can they afford to be pickited?

http://www.preit.com/tools/contactus/

Geoff

imported post

There is a Piggly Wiggly a block down, and a strip mall across the street that is usually very light on business on Sundays. Perhaps we could park there.

geoff

Woodchuck

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen:

Valley View Mall, La Crosse is a PREIT Mall.  We should all be notifying PREIT that the ban against constitutional rights in unacceptable.

Please go to the link below, and send the form, call, and fax them.  Time to turn up the heat.  PREIT is publically traded, can they afford to be pickited?

http://www.preit.com/tools/contactus/

I found the Director of Leasing for Preit's Valley View Mall and he can be emailed HERE
or contacted here

Shaun Hartnett
phone: 814-360-7038

comp45acp

imported post

GlocksRfun wrote:
Not much going on at the Watertown one.  The strip mall across the street is abandoned.  All the businesses in that area are moving to Johnsons Creek.  Still a decently busy road, but not as much "bang for the buck" as the Racine one would be.  Granted I've never been to the Racine one.  Their was plans of putting a round-aboot there also.  Not sure if they ever did.  Stupid round-abouts...

The strip mall across the street was torn down to make room for the new Pick N Save that will be built there. The only business that moved to Johnson Creek was the Kohls store.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

As I stated in another post I had written a letter to my cities Attorney concerning the city ordinance banning fire arms and banning fire arms in parks.
Here is the letter I sent and the reply I received.

I did censor out some names for my families protection.

Sent: