• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fighting Back!

GlocksRfun

imported post

comp45acp wrote:
GlocksRfun wrote:
Not much going on at the Watertown one. The strip mall across the street is abandoned. All the businesses in that area are moving to Johnsons Creek. Still a decently busy road, but not as much "bang for the buck" as the Racine one would be. Granted I've never been to the Racine one. Their was plans of putting a round-aboot there also. Not sure if they ever did. Stupid round-abouts...

The strip mall across the street was torn down to make room for the new Pick N Save that will be built there. The only business that moved to Johnson Creek was the Kohls store.
It's been a while since I drove by there. I didn't know it was tore down.About time. Radio Shack, Webbs, Burger King, Walgreens, Stein Optical all used to be there. I retract my all moved to Johnsons Creek thing. I don't know where they went. It just seems to be a common theme of moving out there, so I assumed. The point that I'm trying to make is that most, if not all of the business across the street from there is abandoned, thus no traffic going into it that will see our signs,.... therefore the traffic is normal city traffic and not big shopping area traffic. Sorry for the confusion.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just read the attorny's letter toMr. Gleason. Thats actually good I guess! He recognizes where the local powers ends ""for the most part"". I wish they were like that in Milwaukee COunty......but f*ck em others carry in Milwaukee COunty Parks and I may too, I could almost guaruntee that anyone arrested based on a pre-empted oridnacewould WAY more than likey get help from outside sources IE: NRA. And have a VERY VERY goodchance of winning with minimal cost.

Ben

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Yes, there clearly isn't the blatant disregard for answering someones inquiries.

Maybe it is because it is a small town, but they are very good about trying to understand the issues. For the most part anyways.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

7.01 DISCHARGING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS AND GUNS
PROHIBITED. (#843 9/3/97) No person, except a sheriff, constable, police officer, or their
deputies, shall fire or discharge any firearm, (as defined under Section 167.31 (1)(c) of the
Wisconsin Statutes) or carry or possess either on his person or in any vehicle any firearm under
any circumstances in which such carriage or possession is prohibited by the Wisconsin Statutes.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
7.01 DISCHARGING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS AND GUNS
PROHIBITED. (#843 9/3/97) No person, except a sheriff, constable, police officer, or their
deputies, shall fire or discharge any firearm, (as defined under Section 167.31 (1)(c) of the
Wisconsin Statutes) or carry or possess either on his person or in any vehicle any firearm under
any circumstances in which such carriage or possession is prohibited by the Wisconsin Statutes.
Thanks for the reference. I must be missing something here, but if there is no encroachment of school zones or carrying in the wrong building, or other violations, doesn't that section say that you MAY carry in Chilton?

Dave

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Yes, exactly. You MAY carry. In the past officers were under the impression you could not carry. This changes that, allowing an individual to carry lawfully without having to worry about getting a citation.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

The term “open carrying” refers to one who is in possession of a holstered, unloaded firearm on his or her person, displayed in plain view.
So whats the s.o.p. then if you are in california and the gun must be "unloaded"?

Keep bullets in your pocket or keep a magazine in your pocket so you could load up if need be?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Yes, according to this article you can carry loaded mags with you at all times, but your fire arm can only be open carried unloaded. It really sucks. I hope they can get that changed and with the way their economy is out there, I think they are laying off cops left and right, it won't be long until they will rely on the armed citizens to help keep the crime rate down. The governor ( Just like Doyle.) obviously doesn't realize how valuable of a tool he has in an armed citizen.