• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy pissed off because I am OCing.

Theguy

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
There is no law against carrying on a non-K-12 school, however, so Universities and such are fine.

unless of course, they have campus rules against it like southern union (grr). On orientation day they told us basically (using more words than I am) that if we have a any weapons guns, knives, etc. that we will be expelled and there's nothing we can do about it ( no appeal, nuthin').

how the hell am I supposed to defend myself? with a condom?

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Theguy wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
There is no law against carrying on a non-K-12 school, however, so Universities and such are fine.

unless of course, they have campus rules against it like southern union (grr). On orientation day they told us basically (using more words than I am) that if we have a any weapons guns, knives, etc. that we will be expelled and there's nothing we can do about it ( no appeal, nuthin').

I like your comment, Theguy, I don't really know the answer to your question about defending yourself, and the condom joke. However, what I would do, is not attend a University that doesn't allow me to carry in one form or fashion. There's not many out there that allow us to carry any weapons on campus, I suggest that those schools are not worth your time, nor money. Don't give them that right, they just lose money from you when you don't attend there college, they just lose the chance to have a great caring student who cares about people and personal safety and the safety of others. I don't go to college and I should, cause I have the GI bill available to me, I should use it, I put my time in for our country, at home here in the U.S. and in the Iraq war. So I believe I deserve it, I just haven't found anything I'm really passionate about except our rights. So where would I go for that, politics, I think not, everyone says most politicians had good intentions before they got into office and then that changed, so I don't wanna be in that place either.

If I were you and going to college, I would simply go to school online, or either search out the schools that honor our 2ND amendment, other then that, I wouldn't attend there school, for the mere fact that they really don't care about a student's opinion or rights at heart, that's a good enough reason not to attend a college in my book. If one right is honored in a college, then all rights should be honored that are our rights by the U.S. constitution. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure Iwould have alot that disagree with me on this, but I won't expect in from anyone on this site, since we are all on the same sheet of music.

Theguy

imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
Theguy wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:

I like your comment, Theguy, I don't really know the answer to your question about defending yourself, and the condom joke. However, what I would do, is not attend a University that doesn't allow me to carry in one form or fashion. There's not many out there that allow us to carry any weapons on campus, I suggest that those schools are not worth your time, nor money. Don't give them that right, they just lose money from you when you don't attend there college, they just lose the chance to have a great caring student who cares about people and personal safety and the safety of others.

I wish I had that option however I don't, southern union is all I can afford, I got the Pell Grant, and it wasn't enough (needed another $20) that extra was the limit of my tuition budget (at least for the time being) the rest having to go for books

I don't go to college and I should, cause I have the GI bill available to me, I should use it, I put my time in for our country, at home here in the U.S. and in the Iraq war.

let me just break in here for a second and tell you how much I appreciate that: I appreciate that.

So I believe I deserve it, I just haven't found anything I'm really passionate about except our rights. So where would I go for that, politics, I think not, everyone says most politicians had good intentions before they got into office and then that changed, so I don't wanna be in that place either.

If I were you and going to college, I would simply go to school online, or either search out the schools that honor our 2ND amendment, other then that, I wouldn't attend there school, for the mere fact that they really don't care about a student's opinion or rights at heart, that's a good enough reason not to attend a college in my book. If one right is honored in a college, then all rights should be honored that are our rights by the U.S. constitution. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure Iwould have alot that disagree with me on this, but I won't expect in from anyone on this site, since we are all on the same sheet of music.

I would do online college if not for one thing; I was homeschooled, and a few years ago all my friends moved away, the only people I've had to talk to for the past 4 years that didn't look at me quizzically and say "meow" were family members.

I am really sick of that.

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well Thankyou, Theguy, for your thanks for my service, I don't expect it, as you probably already no, none of use that served our country expect it, but we highly appreciate it, and it sends tears to my eyes and heart to know that people still care for those that have served, thanks again.

I know your problem with the home school scenario, I myself was home school the last year of HS. I didn't let that stand in my way, I still pursued college in my hometown of Mobile Al. I found Bishop State to be a college that was willing to work with me and my brother. As far as a know, I think they have course you can take online also, my brother goes there, he is in the auto body program there, he uses his GI Bill and the Pell grant. I know money is a issue when it comes to college, or for that matter anything. But you can't let them get to you about your personal safety. My brother has already given up on the issue, he carries a pocket knife, that's it, better then nothing I suppose, but I refuse to give in, but I have that choice, I don't have to give in, thankfully. If I did have to give in , I would fight the board all the way to court if I had to. But, I'm a very passionate person about our rights, hence the name Mr. Advocate, I'm the one you call to fight for your rights.

Sincerely Mr. Advocate

kurtmax_0

imported post

I was homeschooled as well. TBH I preferred it over uni. 99% of the people you meet will be absolutely mind-numbingly boring & you don't get to control your own schedule. I would have taken online courses if it were possible for my degree (and they didn't have the stigma of a bad school).

Auburn University doesn't restrict all weapons. Folding knives are allowed. I actually need one for my job on campus to cut open boxes :p

I actually hate folders, and prefer fixed knives, but that would violate campus rules and also I'd probably have to carry it unconcealed (no combat knives can be carried concealed in Alabama, even with a pistol permit).

Just as a note though, I know nobody wants to risk their education over it, but carrying a very concealed firearm on campus wouldn't be dangerous. The police have no legal pretext to search you, even if somebody says you have a firearm (it's not illegal to carry on campus remember), so about the only way to get made would be to inadvertantly unconceal the firearm.

I know a few people that were caught with firearms in dorms or carrying them. They haven't been expelled. But Auburn is different than SU.