• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wilson Combat

TehGruu

imported post

Hello, I was looking over the Wilson Combat site to browse some magazine for my new Colt Commander. I was looking at the holsters there for CC and liked what I saw. Before I shell out the money, I wanted to see if anyone here uses/used, loved/hated them. It will be for CC for a Colt Commander and a High Standard Crusader(officer's sized) 1911s. I'm not a huge guy and was thinking maybe IWB, but might go with OWB and just wear bagger shirts due to the heat here in Texas. Your opinions are appreciated.

-Gruu

SpringerXDacp

imported post

TehGruu wrote:
Hello, I was looking over the Wilson Combat site to browse some magazine for my new Colt Commander. I was looking at the holsters there for CC and liked what I saw. Before I shell out the money, I wanted to see if anyone here uses/used, loved/hated them. It will be for CC for a Colt Commander and a High Standard Crusader(officer's sized) 1911s. I'm not a huge guy and was thinking maybe IWB, but might go with OWB and just wear bagger shirts due to the heat here in Texas. Your opinions are appreciated.

-Gruu
I've only been to Texas once and it was before my teenage years. I don't recall what theweather was like at the time, but I suspect that one of the last holsters you would want there would be a IWB type. I did check out the holsters on the website (Wilson Combat) and they appear to be of a high quality, but it's nearly impossible to determine qualityviewing them from a computer monitor. Personally, I would go with the OWB and wear loose-fitting shirts.

Damiansar-15

imported post

Yes, they sold me a leather/kydex holster for my KZ-45 that did not fit at all. I had to get a custom kydex made by comp-tac before I could use the pistol. I highly recommend comp-tac. I don't bother with Wilson's over-priced jewelry guns/accessories anymore. If you want real gear check out comp-tac

www.comp-tac.com

POORBOY

imported post

Why have I got a feelin' that your pushin these comp-tac holsters???? I've read a couple old posts that you have shot down a couple makers and pushed these.

Sounds fishey to me and its making my teeth itch:banghead:

Damiansar-15

imported post

No business association with comp-tac if that is what you mean by fishy. I'm highly prejudice since I live in Houston, only carry Comp-tac, and like to support Texas companies....I am also a new member and want to enthusiastically spread my thoughts on gear, which is what I think the forum is about, yes? Too many times I have purchased items from companies whoadvertise heavily and deliver horribly. Thatsaid, everyone has a taste in their mouth about this and that, and yours seems to be fishy, per your post...I also prefer Tripp Research Cobra mags to Wilson,LaRue ARs to Wilson, and STI'spolymer pistols are a much better value than Wilson's KZ-45. I also prefer STI steel-framed 1911s to Wilson's based on price/quality/service. Again, this is just my perspective and I am sure others would disagree with my dimensional analysis on important criteria.