• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

confused on missouri gun laws.

utahglock

imported post

Im confused on missouri guns laws, I moved from Utah to Doniphan, Missouri to land that my husband owns. In Utah laws are pretty much black and white.

But im confused about open and conceal carry here. As I understand Local Municipalites can say where and when youcan and cant open carry, this can include business that display signage that guns are not welcome. And that open carry is a so-so thing to do, as it may cause you more trouble then its worth it seems.

Now if i understand correctly places where there are no firearm signs that applies only to open carry or does it include conceal carry ?

The laws here are very confusing...

Also does anyone know a a conceal firearm permit instructor in ripley county ?

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

if there is a sign then no OC or CC

Cities can prohibit OC but not many do. I have OCed all over and people really dont care the cops are the ones that need the most lessons on the law

utahglock

imported post

alright thanks for the clarifaction, In Utah signage holds no water due to state preemption, and various other laws in effect there.

Steelviper

imported post

I'd also note that failure to obey the signage can result in a maximum penalty of a misdemeanor trespassing charge if they spot you, ask you to leave, and you refuse.

I'm not necessarily suggesting you ignore the signage... just pointing out the consequences of remaining armed (concealed or otherwise). Of course, if it's concealed...