• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC - Germantown

Geoff

imported post

Earlier this week I went to Pick 'N Save here in Germantown for a few quick items.I had a (female)friendcome along so others would see it as an ordinary event, and for the most part they did.

I only spotted two people staring at my gun, and the first one didn't look concerned, just interested. The 2nd person was an older gal in not too good of shape, so I'm not sure if she was really looking at it, or just couldn't pick her head up any higher. I spoke briefly with the cashier, and she had a confused look on her face but that may have just been because I only bought $20 worth of groceries instead of my usual $150.

I really didn't like the fact that I had to arm/disarm before and after my shopping, but if thats the law, than that is what I have to do.

It was an uneventful experience, as they all should be.

Geoff

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

After a few more times, the load/unload will just be natural.

Welcome to you new found freedom

Carry On

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pick N Save doesn't seem like the place I'd like to carry for my first time...lol.

But job well done! Keep it up!

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Pick N Save doesn't seem like the place I'd like to carry for my first time
eh, we've got hundreds of open carry episodes in dozens of pick n saves with no issues. Pick n save is as good as any place to carry.

Perhaps not the one in watertown or racine, but all others, we should definitely set the precedent that open carry is common, peaceful as always, and a non-issue.

When the corporate suits start calling around to store managers it will be GOOD if the feedback they get is "yeah, people OC here all the time. its no big deal"

Geoff

imported post

Yesterday I went to Fleet Farm and spoke briefly with a stocker, and another customer while trying to find something. Both were smiling and friendly, and I believe the stocker noticed my firearm. I am a very polite person, so after a few seconds she didn't seem concerned in the slightest.

After that I stopped at Aldi, and had one customer give me a funny look, but she didn't seem concerned. I asked the cashier if they take credit cards yet, and offered to move an extra cart out of her way as I was leaving. She politely declined, but thanked me for offering since she was working alone.

Geoff

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Pointman wrote:
Little or no response is the normal response. Sooner or later someone will call the police and you'll experience an abnormal response. I suggest you prepare for it.
Pointman,

I don't understand why you are trying to make people think they should not open carry.
If I am misunderstanding something here please let me know, but from what I am reading here a new member would think you are telling them it is not worth the risk of having an encounter with law enforcement.
Like I said maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but at first glance.......

Geoff

imported post

I am certainly not looking forward to my first LEO encounter, but know it is a risk. My vision is that some day the police won't harrass people for exercising their rights, but I intend to do it now, and then.

geoff

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Pointman wrote:
Little or no response is the normal response. Sooner or later someone will call the police and you'll experience an abnormal response. I suggest you prepare for it.
Pointman,

I don't understand why you are trying to make people think they should not open carry.
If I am misunderstanding something here please let me know, but from what I am reading here a new member would think you are telling them it is not worth the risk of having an encounter with law enforcement.
Like I said maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but at first glance.......
My statements are not meant to be argumentative;
I did not take pointman's statement as a deterrent or reason to not carry, I basically understood it as a warning that"there are still uninformed police officers out there, be prepared in case you run into one of them"

Even though seeing someonewith afirearm holstered on their sidehas become a more common scene in this state, it does not mean some sniveling little weasel will not call the police and fabricate a story about you being a danger, or acting in an obnoxious manner leading to a show of force by the local police department.

And you may be met by one of the members of law enforcement that thinks only the police should have firearms. And this is the guy that may draw his weapon on you without appropriate cause.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Yeah after reading some of the other threads I think Point man posted this comment in the wrong thread.

Thats why I questioned what he was saying in his post.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
My statements are not meant to be argumentative;
I did not take pointman's statement as a deterrent or reason to not carry, I basically understood it as a warning that"there are still uninformed police officers out there, be prepared in case you run into one of them"
I would have to disagree with this statement based on my "encounters" with LEO. My belief is that most LEO know the law, and it is the general public that carry (pun) the prejudice. In both instances where I had LEO interaction it was because of PUBLIC over reaction and/or prejudice. The "You don't need ...."

So I won't say don't carry, I'll say be prepared for the LEO encounter because of an uneducated and/or prejudice society.