• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

soft or hard trauma plate?

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

what would you wear? I acquired a 3a vest that has a soft trauma plate in it and was thinking about going back to a hard armor one. it comes in handy when you Rollerblade and some wanker pulls out in front of you and you hit the car or they hit you.

should I get another hard plate? my original one is to big for this carrier so i would have to get a 5x8

shad0wfax

imported post

I prefer the soft trauma plates since they're more flexible and also are not as prone to heating issues. (Soft armor and heat don't play well together.) They have an added bonus of not setting off metal detectors.