• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Registered through guilt

Sparky508

imported post

Just wanted to to say say hello to you all, I have been reading through the posts here for quite some time, although not as a member. I found out that this could be considered a less than desirable activity, and learned that I was guilty of being either a "lurker"? or a "troll"? As neither of those titles sounded like anything I wanted to be part of. So,I have officially registered and will continue to read, guilt free.

Thanks folks for putting on a great place for these stories and ideas to be exchanged, and for sharing the ones you have.

compmanio365

imported post

Welcome to OCDO, and yeah, you'd be a lurker, but it's not a bad thing. A troll would be if you came in here and just wanted to cause trouble all the time, like a few other people around here I won't name (who have admitted to just being here to cause trouble, the only reason they come here). Since this is your first post and it wasn't inflammatory, I'd say you'd have a hard time getting that title.

If you're from around here in WA, check out some of the other posts for some gatherings near you; if you are here in W WA, then we are having a lunch here soon; you are more than welcome to join us. I think the Spokane guys on the other side of the mountains also get together fairly often, and I'm sure they'd love to have you swing on by for one of their get togethers as well.

Manu

imported post

Welcome sparky to OCDO. If you are from W. WA you are welcome to join us at Willow Apt gathering in seatac on 18thof this month or you can join us at Bellingham Picnic this saturday

Sparky508

imported post

Thanks guys.
From the Graham area, maybe I'll catch up with y'all up in fedral way next week, that sounds like fun to hang out with some like minded folks.
(just stepped out from my sisters wedding reception, where I was CCing. Shirt road up and now I'm "that guy over there with the gun."):what:

Manu

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:
Thanks guys.
From the Graham area, maybe I'll catch up with y'all up in fedral way next week, that sounds like fun to hang out with some like minded folks.
(just stepped out from my sisters wedding reception, where I was CCing. Shirt road up and now I'm "that guy over there with the gun."):what:
Whats at Fedral Way next week? am Imissing something?

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

If you're referring to the Willow Lake event, it's in Seatac and it's shaping up to be a big event. We're hoping for even more than the 40+ people we had at the last one here (Yes, here. I moved in a little over a week ago).

On another note: The folding chairs we used for the last event aren't available for this one, so you might think about bringing your own.