• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone in Spokane?

FrayedString

imported post

If you're looking for sporting goods stuff, hit up the White Elephant on Division street, the one on Sprague is a disappointment. Generally pretty good prices in my experience. Though I've never OC'd in there..

shad0wfax

imported post

911Boss wrote:
I am in Spokane WA for the weekend. Can anyone recommend any shops in the area? I always like to browse around and I will have some free time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

I'm assuming you mean fun-stores.

Check out White Elephant on 1730 N Division and 12614 E Sprague (Spokane Valley). Unlike the above poster, it's always seemed like the valley store has a bigger selection to me. They're both worth checking out.

Also in the Spokane Valley is Northwest Pawn and Collector. They're a pawn shop, but they're pretty much all firearms there and they usually have a good selection.

There's also Axel Raven LLC at 2103 N Division. Axel is a class 3 SOT so you can look at some really fun stuff like AOW's DD's etc.

There's also a Cabela's in Post Falls, ID off of exit 2 on I-90 which is about 30 minutes from Spokane and it's a gorgeous store with plenty of mounts.

Slightly unrelated to firearms, the Buck Knives factory (and factory discount retail outlet) is also off of Exit 2 in Post Falls, ID. You can get some extremely good deals on knives there. (I got a really nice spring-assisted folder for $28 and it retails for over $120)

I've never OC'd in the Buck Knives store, but I doubt they'd care.

Brad Cowin

imported post

I would check out the Double Eagle Pawn in Deer Park. It's about 25-30 minutes North of Spokane.

I like them because they have a wide selection of "non-sporting" guns. Ammo appears to be back to pre-Obama in availability but not quite in price.

Another good one is All American Arms out on East Sprague.

Oh and BTW, I called that NW pawn place the other day looking for a CZ VZ-52 and they are on a 4th of July vacation until the 13th or 14th I believe.

Vandal

imported post

Get in a car, drive to Coeur d' Alene and get off at the Northwest Blvd exit and go into downtown. On Sherman Ave. there is a green awning with "Hudson's" plastered on it. Their number is 208-664-5444. They are open Mon-Sat 1000-1730ish and I think 1000-1600 on Sunday during the summer.

Go inside, find a seat and order a burger. There are no fries so don't even ask. You can have pickle, onion and cheese on your burger if you want it. They have hot mustard, hot ketchup and normal ketchup. They also serve pie. It is a family run place that has been there for over 100 years and have been featured in several news and food reviews. It is amazing. You will hate yourself if you don't go.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Already had one score at White Elephant! Picked up the elusive Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm Glock. Also got a sweet deal on a Kershaw Cyclone knife.

I am staying with relatives within stones throw of "Gunatorium", checked them out, not much inventory, but a cool shop.

I drove by NW Pawn and saw they were on vacation.

Heading into Idaho tomorrow for Cabela's, Buck factory (hope they are open on Sat), and just might give Hudsons a try for lunch.

BobR

imported post

I am staying with relatives within stones throw of "Gunatorium", checked them out, not much inventory, but a cool shop

It is a shadow of its former self. Before Ed Karrer died it was like walking into a museum. They had some great guns on display, and for sale.

After he died the family lost interest in keeping it open and seems to have gotten rid of a lot of stuff. Then they changed their minds, but it was too late to keep the store at its former level of coolness.

I haven't been there in about a year, I need to stop by again soon.

I think Buck Knives are a M-F operation. But it is close enough to the interstate (same exit as Cabela's, just the other way) that it isn't that far out of the way if it is closed.

bob

shad0wfax

imported post

BobR wrote:
I am staying with relatives within stones throw of "Gunatorium", checked them out, not much inventory, but a cool shop

It is a shadow of its former self. Before Ed Karrer died it was like walking into a museum. They had some great guns on display, and for sale.

After he died the family lost interest in keeping it open and seems to have gotten rid of a lot of stuff. Then they changed their minds, but it was too late to keep the store at its former level of coolness.

I haven't been there in about a year, I need to stop by again soon.

I think Buck Knives are a M-F operation. But it is close enough to the interstate (same exit as Cabela's, just the other way) that it isn't that far out of the way if it is closed.

bob

Yeah, I would have recommended the Gunatorium but as Bob pointed out, after old Ed passed away the place went on a rather rapid decline. He was a fun guy to talk to and he did have a very impressive collection a year or two before he passed on.

RIP Ed Karrer.