Thread: Interactions with Seattle Police the last month.

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

No, it's not, unless there is

1) RAS that you are committing, have committed, or are going to commit a crime (to actually stop you)
    2) RAS that you're armed AND dangerous to pat you down and check your gun's serial number.

OCing is not RAS of a crime, unless it's in violation of 9.41.270 and warrants alarm for the safety of others (like if you were carrying an assault rifle in a "combative stance") or holding the gun in your hand (although I'm not sure if that warrants alarm or not), or if someone matching your description just committed a crime nearby.

Post imported post

Do Iget tochoose which interaction I would like when visiting Seattle? I'll take door # 3.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Do Iget tochoose which interaction I would like when visiting Seattle? I'll take door # 3.
    Actually, you get all the above for no extra charge.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
    In the last month I have had 3 interactions with Seattle Police.

Interaction #2, Last weekend, Rock and Roll run/walk event, street closure right by my house, young male cop posted. Cop said I could get stopped and checkedif someone called, for warrents and if pistolwas stolen for OCing. We talked a while.

. . .
    So my question to the group is, is it legal to check me for warrents and that gun is not stolen if someone calls on me for Open carrying
    No, police stop just to check you out (absent of reasonable suspicion of crime) violates 4th amendment and is actionable for damages. Worse, police following this protocol are idiots as bad guys will be able to get any evidence obtained suppressed and get away without the criminal penalty they deserve.

Post imported post

I OC downtown all the time.I have never had any negative reactions from Seattle LE.I also OC on the bus to get there .I get a few looks but really no issues.