• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't move to New Jersey

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

They also just enacted the one gun per month rule....

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...-a-month_bill_passes_in_N_J__Legislature.html

<snip>
TRENTON - The New Jersey Legislature tackled more than 100 bills Thursday along with the state budget, in advance of lawmakers' summer recess. Gun-control advocates won a victory by the passage of a bill that could make New Jersey the fourth state with a one-handgun-per-month buying limit.
Proponents say the bill will fight "straw" buyers who purchase guns legally and pass them on to criminals.
The measure was approved in the Senate with the bare- minimum 21 votes after Sen. Fred Madden (D., Gloucester) dropped his opposition to the idea.
Madden was one of three South Jersey Democrats who previously voted against the plan, joining all 17 Senate Republicans to block it.

kparker

imported post

Hey, don't knock NJ, we could really use a one-handgun-per-month law here:

"Yes, dear, I know I bought another pistol last month, too, but it's the law now."

FMCDH

imported post

kparker wrote:
Hey, don't knock NJ, we could really use a one-handgun-per-month law here:

"Yes, dear, I know I bought another pistol last month, too, but it's the law now."
LOL

Nice interpretation. :D