• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Police ccdw notification

8th ID

imported post

I just received a notification in the mail today from the KSP. It says that I must take it to my Sheriff's office and sign for my CCDW. My question is: Should I call the Sheriff BEFORE I go down there?

I've always heard of people getting a notice from the Sheriff's office, is that what I should wait for?

8th ID

imported post

Thanks gutshot. I had heard many talking about receiving something from their Sheriff's office not the KSP. So it confused me a little. And it came quick.

8th ID

imported post

stormchaser wrote:
8th ID wrote:
Thanks gutshot. I had heard many talking about receiving something from their Sheriff's office not the KSP. So it confused me a little. And it came quick.

how quick did it come?

congrats.
I completed the paper work and wrote my checks at Fayette Co. Sheriff's office on June 18th. I got my pick up form yesterday July 10th. So...less than 4 weeks.

stormchaser

imported post

8th ID wrote:
stormchaser wrote:
8th ID wrote:

how quick did it come?

congrats.
I completed the paper work and wrote my checks at Fayette Co. Sheriff's office on June 18th. I got my pick up form yesterday July 10th. So...less than 4 weeks.
that was fast, i wrote my check to the daviess county sheriff 6-26, maybe my luck

here in western ky will be as good as yours,and we both had the 4th of july weekend in there.

stormchaser

imported post

man this was a long week-end, but i picked it up

this a.m. 7-13 walked out of the sheriff's dept,

went to my truck,took my gun out of the glove box,

put it on my belt,put my shirt over it and drove away

man that felt good.

robertskinner

imported post

I was also 8th ID. I have questions about open carry. We are at FT. Huachuca AZ.,we are going to Blue Grass Army Depot. The website is real slow. CSM Bush USA. Thanks.

8th ID

imported post

robertskinner wrote:
I was also 8th ID. I have questions about open carry. We are at FT. Huachuca AZ.,we are going to Blue Grass Army Depot. The website is real slow. CSM Bush USA. Thanks.
I emailed you. Welcome. Also, you may find answers to some of your questions right here on KY's page. When are you coming to Bluegrass Army Depot?