• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at tourist locations

eraseallhope

imported post

So as a few of you might notice i've been on your guys' state forum and asked a few questions about public transit open carry and a few other things... but not only am i going to ride the bus and taxi around downtown seattle ....

Im going to be attenting my mother on her 2 day "tourist trip" to locations such as the WWII boat attraction "Ride the Ducks" the Space Needles, and the "underground cities" or something....

Has anybody ever carried at or around any of these sorts of locations that tend to have a higher rate of tourist?

And what do you guys think, yay or nay on the idea to carry EVERY where, as i have no where to leave my weapon if asked to lets say.... "store it in my vehical"

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Was curious my grandfather worked on that for the '62? expo. And if its private they definately can remove you if they don't like what you are doing. There are times when it is prudent to cc.

shad0wfax

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
the Space Needles
Where are the others hiding?? 

If I remember correctly the Space Needle has a no weapons policy. While I OC 99.9% of the time, there are some places that CC is advised.

You remember correctly. The Space Needle will ask you to leave if they see that you have a firearm there and they will trespass you if you don't comply.

eraseallhope

imported post

Haha ok Duck tour is OC friendly

I'll just have to stop back by the hotel or something before i vist the needle

anyone have any clue about the "underground" or whatever that may be...

i'm just gunna be following my mother around hahaha

One more idea...

If i take my case that my pistol came in... Put a small lock threw the hole on the handle... and put the weapon in there unloaded with the case locked...

Can i put it in my mothers purse without it being "concealed illegally"

just an idea for storage if im asked not to carry

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

funny thing about the space needle is it is part of the Seattle center and the Seattle center is public and spd has the Seattle center police.

so it is on city property