Thread: K.A.R. 16-11-7. Signs

Post imported post

Hello, I'm relatively new to the "gun world" here having bought my first pistol a few months ago (I'm already ready for another one!). Anyway I was enjoying reading the forums on Open Carry.

Now I just need you guys to help me make sure I understand something about the Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act. The signage a business can put up to prohibit someone from carrying a concealed weapon is:

That in no way restricts open carry does it? So I could walk into a store with this sign up if I'm OCing?

Post imported post

well to me it says no beretta M9s 92s or clones.

but really if you see that sign dont take a gun in there, you could be arrested for trespassing no guns means no guns

Post imported post

Yeah I see what you are saying, I'm aware that if a business does go through the effort to put up this sign they would likely not want a gun in their business. I'm not trying to stir up any locals and understand that if they do ask me to leave I have to leave.

But as for the cut and dry legality of it, that sign means "no concealed weapons".

Am I right about that?

Post imported post

Jayhawk wrote:
    Yeah I see what you are saying, I'm aware that if a business does go through the effort to put up this sign they would likely not want a gun in their business. I'm not trying to stir up any locals and understand that if they do ask me to leave I have to leave.

But as for the cut and dry legality of it, that sign means "no concealed weapons".

Am I right about that?
    yea from what I have understood, I have spent many night reading over local code and state codes, and most everything only references CC rather than OC which is rarely mentioned