Thread: Surveillance Acitivies of the FEDs

Post imported post

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...q1_bQD99BT5BO0

Hope the link works.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that quite a bit of the surveillance activities were directed to those individuals that are active in defense of the second/forth/tenth amendments.

This Bush admin era program probably targeted persons/groups that the big O later said were clinging to guns and religion.

Some things never change.

Post imported post

The government should fear the people, and it does. So they watch the people. It's not surprising.

But it's still unconstitutional, and it is my firm belief that any government officials who participate in a massive and willful violation of the constitution needs to spend the rest of their lives in level 3 prison. That would be justice.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

"The notion that basically one person at the Justice Department, John Yoo, and Hayden and the vice president's office were running a program around the laws that Congress passed, including a reinterpretation of the Fourth Amendment, is mind boggling," Harman said.

House Democrats are pressing for legislation that would expand congressional access to secret intelligence briefings, but the White House has threatened to veto it.
    In other words, nothing will be done about this, and Obama isn't going to give up the power Bush left for him.

Makes you wonder just how many lists you are on and how much of you write or say is on record somewhere.

And how it will all turn out.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    The government should fear the people, and it does. So they watch the people. It's not surprising.

But it's still unconstitutional, and it is my firm belief that any government officials who participate in a massive and willful violation of the constitution needs to spend the rest of their lives in level 3 prison. That would be justice.
    I'd prefer 6 feet under. With no marker.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Memo to self:

Spook Maxim

If the capability exists, and the activity can be hidden, spooks willdo it, legal or not.

Corollary

Spooks are always up to something.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    "The notion that basically one person at the Justice Department, John Yoo, and Hayden and the vice president's office were running a program around the laws that Congress passed, including a reinterpretation of the Fourth Amendment, is mind boggling," Harman said.

House Democrats are pressing for legislation that would expand congressional access to secret intelligence briefings, but the White House has threatened to veto it.
    In other words, nothing will be done about this, and Obama isn't going to give up the power Bush left for him.

Makes you wonder just how many lists you are on and how much of you write or say is on record somewhere.

And how it will all turn out.
    I called if 3 years ago. Bush isn't the problem, he's a set-up. whoever comes next will abuse the things he created under the guise of 'the greater good.'

My Crystal ball has been awesome for the last 15 years. But I'm just a paranoid weirdo....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    My Crystal ball has been awesome for the last 15 years.
    I wanna borrow that some time.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    This is a good point.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    My Crystal ball has been awesome for the last 15 years.
    I wanna borrow that some time.
    No! :-P

But It's uncanny how many things I've been accused of being paranoid and stupid for, and it played out exactly as I said it would...

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    But It's uncanny how many things I've been accused of being paranoid and stupid for, and it played out exactly as I said it would...
    I believe the phrase is "Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get me!"

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I believe the phrase is "Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get me!"
    Or...

"Just because I am paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get ixtow."