• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surveillance Acitivies of the FEDs

6L6GC

imported post

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hEr2O_sANlmWwPWdPygTxCbq1_bQD99BT5BO0

Hope the link works.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that quite a bit of the surveillance activities were directed to those individuals that are active in defense of the second/forth/tenth amendments.

This Bush admin era program probably targeted persons/groups that the big O later said were clinging to guns and religion.

Some things never change. :cry:

Michigander

imported post

The government should fear the people, and it does. So they watch the people. It's not surprising.

But it's still unconstitutional, and it is my firm belief that any government officials who participate in a massive and willful violation of the constitution needs to spend the rest of their lives in level 3 prison. That would be justice.

Tomahawk

imported post

"The notion that basically one person at the Justice Department, John Yoo, and Hayden and the vice president's office were running a program around the laws that Congress passed, including a reinterpretation of the Fourth Amendment, is mind boggling," Harman said.

House Democrats are pressing for legislation that would expand congressional access to secret intelligence briefings, but the White House has threatened to veto it.

In other words, nothing will be done about this, and Obama isn't going to give up the power Bush left for him.

Makes you wonder just how many lists you are on and how much of you write or say is on record somewhere.

And how it will all turn out.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Michigander wrote:
The government should fear the people, and it does. So they watch the people. It's not surprising.

But it's still unconstitutional, and it is my firm belief that any government officials who participate in a massive and willful violation of the constitution needs to spend the rest of their lives in level 3 prison. That would be justice.
I'd prefer 6 feet under. With no marker.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Memo to self:

Spook Maxim

If the capability exists, and the activity can be hidden, spooks willdo it, legal or not.

Corollary

Spooks are always up to something.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
"The notion that basically one person at the Justice Department, John Yoo, and Hayden and the vice president's office were running a program around the laws that Congress passed, including a reinterpretation of the Fourth Amendment, is mind boggling," Harman said.

House Democrats are pressing for legislation that would expand congressional access to secret intelligence briefings, but the White House has threatened to veto it.

In other words, nothing will be done about this, and Obama isn't going to give up the power Bush left for him.

Makes you wonder just how many lists you are on and how much of you write or say is on record somewhere.

And how it will all turn out.
I called if 3 years ago. Bush isn't the problem, he's a set-up. whoever comes next will abuse the things he created under the guise of 'the greater good.'

My Crystal ball has been awesome for the last 15 years. But I'm just a paranoid weirdo....

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
ixtow wrote:
My Crystal ball has been awesome for the last 15 years.
I wanna borrow that some time.
No! :p

But It's uncanny how many things I've been accused of being paranoid and stupid for, and it played out exactly as I said it would...

45acpForMe

imported post

ixtow wrote:
But It's uncanny how many things I've been accused of being paranoid and stupid for, and it played out exactly as I said it would...
I believe the phrase is "Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get me!"

FMCDH

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
ixtow wrote:
I believe the phrase is "Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get me!"
Or...

"Just because I am paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get ixtow." ;)