• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was this anyone here (OCer at Covington QFC)

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

A few weeks ago (3-4 weeks, maybe?) I was at the Covington QFC using the"Cash in your change" machine. I noticed three individuals next to me using the ATM machine by Bank of America. They appeared to be in their early-mid 20's. I then noticed one of them had a pistol that he was OCing. This was the very first time I had seen anyone OC in public. He was talking with the other individual with him, and then all of a sudden a couple of other guys around the same age walk in, and start yelling at one another. I'm not sure if they were legimitely mad, or if they were just messing around. I hear one of them mention something about arresting the other one if they don't drop the attitude. I'm not really sure what that was all about, but this was happening literally a few feet away from me. I go to the check stand to turn in my coin receipt, and the clerk was on the phone with 911 reporting that "There is a man in the store with a gun on his side, standing near the door.

I ended up leaving, and as I got in my car, there wasa King County Sheriff's car parked in the north part of the parking lot, near the McDonalds. The deputy was just sitting in his car though. I ended up sitting in my car for a minute to see what was going to happen, if anything, but the armed citizen ended up leaving, and the deputy continued to sit there. By this time, I left.

Was it any of you?

Bader

imported post

U8Dust wrote:
A few weeks ago (3-4 weeks, maybe?) I was at the Covington QFC using the"Cash in your change" machine. I noticed three individuals next to me using the ATM machine by Bank of America. They appeared to be in their early-mid 20's. I then noticed one of them had a pistol that he was OCing. This was the very first time I had seen anyone OC in public. He was talking with the other individual with him, and then all of a sudden a couple of other guys around the same age walk in, and start yelling at one another. I'm not sure if they were legimitely mad, or if they were just messing around. I hear one of them mention something about arresting the other one if they don't drop the attitude. I'm not really sure what that was all about, but this was happening literally a few feet away from me. I go to the check stand to turn in my coin receipt, and the clerk was on the phone with 911 reporting that "There is a man in the store with a gun on his side, standing near the door.

I ended up leaving, and as I got in my car, there wasa King County Sheriff's car parked in the north part of the parking lot, near the McDonalds. The deputy was just sitting in his car though. I ended up sitting in my car for a minute to see what was going to happen, if anything, but the armed citizen ended up leaving, and the deputy continued to sit there. By this time, I left.

Was it any of you?
It was probably you. You seem like the kind of guy who would proudly open carry your pistol because, like you said, it makes you feel "powerful". You probably walk around with your chest puffed out and purposely start arguments. Like another poster said, you're probably the drunken redneck who takes your pistol to the lake and shoots at your beer bottles, only to leave all of your crap laying around for someone else to clean up.