Thread: Indianapolis Mayor, a Republican, Says Second Amendment Does Not Apply to Cities

Banned

Post imported post

In Indiana, "Republican" is a such a hard-Left, pro-authoritarian identifier that the G.O.P. can confidently take anti-rights positions and still be confident of re-election.

http://www.ogdenonpolitics.com/2009/...city-need.html

Friends, it's a very unenlightened position to continue to refer to the Repubicans as "Right wing." They are the authoritarian Left, and they care not at all about your rights. To Leftists, only outcomes matter, and people are only means to ensuring the health of the collective.

If you listen, you'll hear Republicans tell you what they really think, and it leads us to a far scarier place than the where the Bohemian morons in the Democratic Party live.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Hence the need for a party identifier free of epithets like right/left and conservative/liberal and statist/libertarian.

I am pleased to follow The Constitution Party. Contrary to a party's epithet, I am a conservative and better pleased with the route to here than the route proposed away.

Banned

Post imported post

Authoritarian Republicans?? Say it ain't so!!!

:quirky

Post imported post

Gotta love the case cited in the article where they seized a man's guns after searching the wrong house, refused to give them back until the owner submitted to fingerprinting and then destroyed his personal property even though they knew he was filing suit. IF it was me I'd take my pound of flesh from the city in a very personal way. Say, break into the police chief's house and steal enough stuff to sell to afford to buy replacements for my property he ordered destroyed. They destroyed my AR-15s? No problem. I'll just help myself to the Chief's flatscreen TV and BluRay player. They stole and destroyed my pistol? The computer sitting in the Chief's den should cover that. They are thieves, pure and simple. Treat them like they treat you. And thatchair is mine. And this lamp. And this paddleball game.......
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Authoritarian Republicans?? Say it ain't so!!!

:quirky
    LMAO!

Post imported post

JAP - Just Another Progressive - a believer in the right and might of big government and that government and it's experts know more than the mere citizens.

Post imported post

Just a quick thought. Is this the same Mayor that told his citizens to arm up because the police couldn't protect them? I might be thinking about another city and mayor, but for some reason I thought it was this guy.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

hellfogg wrote:
    Just a quick thought. Is this the same Mayor that told his citizens to arm up because the police couldn't protect them? I might be thinking about another city and mayor, but for some reason I thought it was this guy.
    I could be wrong, but I think that was a city official in St Louis.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    hellfogg wrote:
    I could be wrong, but I think that was a city official in St Louis.
    It was an alderman in St Louis.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28022823

ST. LOUIS - A city alderman frustrated with the police response to rising crime called Tuesday on residents to arm themselves to protect their lives and property. Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time. "The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday.

Post imported post

Okay thanks for clarifying. I knew it was somewhere out there.

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Democrats = Statist Egalitarian Authoritarians

Republicans = Statist Moral MajorityAuthoritarians

Either way, you're getting big government, and both sides wantto marginalize or make illegalthose beliefs they despise.

Guns in the hands of peoplethey want to control will ruin any self respecting authoritarians day.

Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Democrats = Statist Egalitarian Authoritarians

Republicans = Statist Moral MajorityAuthoritarians

Either way, you're getting big government, and both sides wantto marginalize or make illegalthose beliefs they despise.

Guns in the hands of peoplethey want to control will ruin any self respecting authoritarians day.

Damn straight it will. As well it should too.