• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry areas

rprice12741

imported post

I have a general question that follows this brief statement about me.

First: I own several guns, including handguns.

Second: As a business owner, I have CC and OC in my businesses, and have shot (wounded) a robber.

Thrid: While not CC or OC, I have fought off an armed (hand gun) robber, and I'm still here to talk about it.

Forth: I OC when I hunt, otherwise, I don't by choice.

Fifth: I might go out on a limb here (I'm 49 years old), but I see a lot of idiot 18 years olds that I would trust with a unloaded gun let alone a loaded one - truthful and honest opinion.

So here's my question:

Does Idaho's OC law allow a person to carry on private property?

Here's the basis for my question:

I hosted a hunting camp on land that I owned. 99.9% of everyone there was responsable. However, the son of a buddy, who was OC, arriived displaying a behavior that I thought intimidated my other 17 friends. I, with his father, asked him not to OC in camp. He responded that ID was a open carry state and he could carry anywhere. I replied that this was private property, mine, and I was asking him to not OC, or leave.

He (and unfortunately his father) left. His father, a friend, returned and apologized.

What's the law in ID say about OC on private property when asked not to do so by the property owner?

Thanks.

r

Erus

imported post

http://www.opencarry.org/id.html

Idaho is one of the "Gold Star" open carry states listed on this websites maps.
Open carry is legal. However, trespassing is not, and you as the Property owner have every right to refuse to allow anything you don;t want on your property.
You could bar green eyes if you wanted.
So.. the kid is right. He can carry. And you are right. He can't carry on YOUR land, without your permission.

Easy enough to find on this great site.

Welcome aboard, btw.

shad0wfax

imported post

Yes, you're the king on your own land. You have the right to ask any person to leave your land for any reason. It's nice to hear that the father apologized on behalf of the misbehaving teen.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rprice12741 wrote:
Thanks everyone - don't feel any better about it but thanks.

r

Why should you feel sorry for an a$$? My friends told me they didn't want me carrying in their home and again when we were in public at a friends 30th birthday party. . . Havn't talked to them since. I didn't force the issue on them, because that would have been rude, but I respected their wishes and moved on. If someone can't respect that then you should not be the one to appologize or feel sorry.