• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NJ: Turn in neighbor for $1000

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The broad public hasn't been briefed yet, but among the shabbierpeople its been reported that there is a$200 bonus ifthe arrestee is in possession of a copy of the Declaration of Independence. $500if he is in possession of Locke's 2nd Treatise on Government.

Just something I heard.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
The broad public hasn't been briefed yet, but among the shabbierpeople its been reported that there is a$200 bonus ifthe arrestee is in possession of a copy of the Declaration of Independence. $500if he is in possession of Locke's 2nd Treatise on Government.

Just something I heard.

And memorizing it won't help you. Once the govies get ahold of this stuff, you really will need a tin hat!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9pzcq_the-present-future-of-mindreading-t_news

Hendu024

imported post

hmm. I wonder how long that took for the phone lines to be jammed with calls. Let's see... I will just start calling the number and giving out descriptions of people. If the cops don't find a gun, no skin off my nose. And if they do, hey! I get a grand. That is one of the more ignorant videos I've watched in a while. Sounds to me like it is just giving cops more reasons to illegally search people.

"Hey you, come over here. We are going to search you because someone called us and said you had a gun."

"Who said that?"

"We can't tell you that sir, it's anonymous."

Yet another reason why I don't live in the armpit of America. Like I needed another reason.

WheelGun

imported post

Don't worry about what they do in New Jersey. The place is so ugly and riddled with cancer-causing waste dumps that you should just not go there.

I just consider it an off limits area, as if I were driving past a maximim security mental institution.

Any opportunities to go to Fort Dix I just turn down flat.

Any family there will have to see me here or have their bodies shipped to me for burial.

Tomahawk

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
Don't worry about what they do in New Jersey. The place is so ugly and riddled with cancer-causing waste dumps that you should just not go there.

I just consider it an off limits area, as if I were driving past a maximim security mental institution.

Any family there will have to see me here or have their bodies shipped to me for burial.

Good. Stay in New York. Safer for you, that way. That kind of talk will get you a broken jaw in the part of Jersey I grew up in.

WheelGun

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
WheelGun wrote:

Good. Stay in New York. Safer for you, that way. That kind of talk will get you a broken jaw in the part of Jersey I grew up in.

Sorry for hurting your feelings.

If you, personally, described the area I grew up in (back in the late 1950s) as having become a filthy, violence and drug infested s***hole, you would be correct. Books were written, movies were madeabout cops fighting the heroin epidemic of the late 1960s/1970s, on the very streets I lived, not long after I moved away. About firemen battling the fires from the riots following MLK's assasination.

But you are right. New Jersey is certainly lovely. Especially the part around I-95 just behind Staten Island. With those big pipes spewing fire into the air. Lovely.

Tomahawk

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
But you are right. New Jersey is certainly lovely. Especially the part around I-95 just behind Staten Island. With those big pipes spewing fire into the air. Lovely.

Yeah, it's called a "refinery". People work there and make useful things, like gasoline.

There are certainly things I don't like about NJ, not the least of which is the crappy gun laws, but it's a good place to live and work otherwise.

Of course, this being the New Jersey forum, I don't understand what you think is to be gained from coming on here and insulting the state these people live in, and which I grew up in.

I may have reasons to dislike New York, but I don't waste my time stirring the s**t in your forum. So if you have nothing useful to say here, what's the point?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
hmm. I wonder how long that took for the phone lines to be jammed with calls. Let's see... I will just start calling the number and giving out descriptions of people. If the cops don't find a gun, no skin off my nose. And if they do, hey! I get a grand. That is one of the more ignorant videos I've watched in a while. Sounds to me like it is just giving cops more reasons to illegally search people.

"Hey you, come over here. We are going to search you because someone called us and said you had a gun."

"Who said that?"

"We can't tell you that sir, it's anonymous."
Don't start spending the money just yet. I don't think you can just call in "descriptions of people" and get the money. It's tied to an arrest based on your information. Waste of time to just spam 'em.

But you bring up an interesting point. Can they search a person based on an anonymous tip? I woudn't think so. They need RS and/or PC.

Anybody know?

Booker's plan seems to be OK, well designed--but only if the resulting investigation and arrests (if any) are lawfully done.

I don't have any problem with a person dropping a dime on a person "carrying an illegal gun." Calling it in seems reasonable, assuming they can stay anonymous and avoid retribution.

A thousand bux is a bunch. That's a good amount for the purpose. (But why is Booker only holding up 5 bills?) Ought toget some takers and generate some arrests. That won't be a bad thing, as long as the po-po don't trample anyone's rights following up on the tips.

Of course, it is highly doubtful that any significantly good results will occur. Newark'd have to pick up LOTS of illegal guns to make a significant different. It's mostly, but not entirely, a political venture, I think. Is Booker running for Senator or something?

Hendu024 wrote:
Yet another reason why I don't live in the armpit of America. Like I needed another reason.

Ixnay with the NJ jabs. T-Hawk gets....um, provincial when he hears that stuff.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

WheelGun wrote:
Sounds like a reasonable position to take.

WheelGun wrote:

This is one of the oddest either/or statements I have ever read in my life.

Now...the interesting question is the degree of difficulty this choice represents to the subject family.....
39.gif

WheelGun

imported post

HankT wrote:

WheelGun wrote:

Admittedly, I used incorrect sentence structure.

It should have said "The next time I see any members of my family from New Jersey, either they will come to visit me, or after they die, I will view their bodies which have been shipped to me for burial."

If it still seems strange, it's because you haven't met my family. If you had, it wouldn't be so strange.

Tomahawk

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
HankT wrote:

WheelGun wrote:

Admittedly, I used incorrect sentence structure.

It should have said "The next time I see any members of my family from New Jersey, either they will come to visit me, or after they die, I will view their bodies which have been shipped to me for burial."

If it still seems strange, it's because you haven't met my family. If you had, it wouldn't be so strange.
It was kind of funny.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Calling New Jersey the 'Garden State' is as big a misnomer as Maryland is the 'Free State'. This 'deal' smacks of the DDR's STASI.

'Only reason for no weapons in 'Jersey is the Mob doesn't want competition.

I think if Washington had it to do over again... he'd have let the Hessians keep it.

'Same with Smith, Stricker 'n Armistead in Maryland. Let the English worry about it.

Fetus

imported post

let me give my thoughts on this .

I don't mean to offend anyone but after growing up in New Jersey I can honestly say I find it really odd that people can say that " New jersey is a great place to live "

I used to say the same thing until I started traveling more .

but once you start living and spending time in other states after a few days you will see that there is nothing even remotely "nice" about living in that corrupt dump / police state .