• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive interaction at Lacey Home Depot

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

This morning at the Lacey Home Depot, in the checkout line. I'm OCing my Officer's 1911. Nobody has said a thing (can't remember the last time anybody did), but it did seem that the associate in the paint section was especially concerned I was finding everything OK. :D

A guy comes up in line behind me, on my strong side.

Him: "Are you in law enforcement?"

Me: "No"

Him: "Can you carry like that with a concealed weapons permit?"

Me: "Actually, I can carry like this withouta permit."

Him: "I have a concealed weapons permit, but I thought I had to conceal my gun."

Me: "Your permit allows you to conceal, but doesn't require you to, and allows you to carry your gun loaded in your car."

Him: "I didn't know that . . ."

We went on while conversing about open carry and concealed carry while I first checked out and then he did. I explained that in the winter my jacket covered my pistol most of the time, but in the summer I don't want to wear a cover garment, and I'm not usually the shirt-tails-out sort (if I'm seen dressed that way, you can bet I'm concealing). We talked about Oregon permits, and I referred him to the website and FAS for training.

Maybe he'll show up here. Unfortunately, I didn't have any brochures (I think I need to create a smaller version I can carry in my shirt pocket, unless somebody else already has).

Anyway, a good interaction.

Charles

John Hardin

imported post

Charles Paul Lincoln wrote:
I didn't have any brochures (I think I need to create a smaller version I can carry in my shirt pocket, unless somebody else already has).
I don't think a new version is required - after you fold it in thirds to the normal pamphlet size, just fold it in thirds again. That should fit in your shirt pocket.