• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Landscapers COmplaint about Open Carry

GoldCoaster

imported post

They probably thought you were el Migre and were on a bus back to the old country. They do still deport don't they?

There's a huge difference between a holstered pistol and brandishing it. We all know that, but I guess they didn't.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Pace , the problem I have run into with the hispanic folks is. there culturedoes not allow lawfu8ll firearms openly, and here in Nevada. our constitution says all CITIZENS have the right to bear arms leaving illegal aliens on their own. with a bad attitude.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Sort of had that problem. My bud's brother is from Hawaii and freaked out at my carrying. By the time he retold the tale of meeting me, I wasone mean SOB and even drew on him.:banghead:

Vegassteve

imported post

So Pace which story is the truth? Seems you have a couple of them going. And is she your wife, girlfriend or fiance? Did it happen Sat or Fri as well?

http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=4479

Quote"

Pace
user_offline.gif

vbmenu_register("postmenu_28686", true);

guppy

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Told by Landlord can not have weapons?

I've been involved in some of the message boards, decided to get involved with this one after a hellish weekend.

I have a background in law enforcement, I currently own several businesses in Marketing, Advertising & PR (political and consumer) and working on pro-gun campaigns, and a huge 2A supporter.

This last week I moved into a new house, renting from a lady who owns a security company. On Friday afternoon while swimming, two men jump the fence and come into the backyard and approach my pregnant fiance and myself. I had a weapon hanging on the fence near the pool.

I got out of the pool, told them to please stop approaching and tell me who they were, what they were doing there. They said they were to work on the property and did not know someone was living there. I asked them a few questions, and figured it was ok, since I was told their named by the landlord before.

I didn't touch my glock at any time.

However, now I am receiving numerous complaints from my landlord, saying that I am a nuisance, that she is getting complaints from neighbors, that I pointed a weapon at someone, and so on. She has also made it clear that she does not want weapons on the property for "liability reasons."

I know for a fact unless its in the lease, she can not enforce this. I know that from the emails that she is anti-gun, and asked questions about why I need a gun, am I paranoid etc? I have reasons to be paranoid, which I wont discuss, but either way i find this offensive.

She is obviously going to make it hard for me to live her, and has offered to let me out of the lease without penalty. I've already spent $2,500 moving, so don't think I'm going to do that!

thoughts?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I think you need to politely ask the ownere to kindly stop pestering you with paranoid emails or else you will interpret them as an effort to disturb your quiet enjoyment and possession of the premises - then pretty much ignore her.