Thread: Newark NJ Pays $1000 to Inform on Gun Owners

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyw1JnAstg

This is just incredible. It is like the combination of a bad CASH for GOLD commercial and 1984.

Big brother wants you to inform on your neighbors, and he will pay you handsomely.

And yes that is the Mayor Booker of Newark NJ, waving a fistful of CASH IN HAND - in exchange for your information on guns and "those who think they can walk around with guns"

Post imported post

"There are a small group of people in our city that think they can walk around with guns." The police?

If I lived in Newark anytime I saw a cop I'd call the number. "Yes I see a man with a gun. I think he's wearing body armor too. He's wearing dark clothes."

Post imported post

They have to be ILLEGAL guns.

How does one know that? It sounds like they'll have criminals selling out each other for $1,000.

Oh, wait. That's a GOOD idea :celebrate
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    They have to be ILLEGAL guns.

How does one know that?
    I don't know if the guy dressed in uniform is actually an officer. He could have bought the uniform online or stole it. I'm not going to walk up to him and ask if he's really a cop, he's got a gun.

Banned

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyw1JnAstg

This is just incredible. It is like the combination of a bad CASH for GOLD commercial and 1984.

Big brother wants you to inform on your neighbors, and he will pay you handsomely.

And yes that is the Mayor Booker of Newark NJ, waving a fistful of CASH IN HAND - in exchange for your information on guns and "those who think they can walk around with guns"

Post imported post

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I believe that a telephone call can be anonymized, as from a public telephone, but not any protocol using a personal phone. Do you trust the cops?

The $2K is bait, switched to $1K in the instructions, and even then it is "up to" $1K equivalent to 'less than'.

Banned

Post imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
    "There are a small group of people in our city that think they can walk around with guns." The police?

If I lived in Newark anytime I saw a cop I'd call the number. "Yes I see a man with a gun. I think he's wearing body armor too. He's wearing dark clothes."

Classic.