Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Newark NJ Pays $1000 to Inform on Gun Owners

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Goochland, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    585

    Post imported post

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyw1JnAstg

    This is just incredible. It is like the combination of a bad CASH for GOLD commercial and 1984.

    Big brother wants you to inform on your neighbors, and he will pay you handsomely.

    And yes that is the Mayor Booker of Newark NJ, waving a fistful of CASH IN HAND - in exchange for your information on guns and "those who think they can walk around with guns"


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    "There are a small group of people in our city that think they can walk around with guns." The police?

    If I lived in Newark anytime I saw a cop I'd call the number. "Yes I see a man with a gun. I think he's wearing body armor too. He's wearing dark clothes."

  3. #3
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586

    Post imported post

    They have to be ILLEGAL guns.

    How does one know that? It sounds like they'll have criminals selling out each other for $1,000.

    Oh, wait. That's a GOOD idea :celebrate
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    2a4all wrote:
    They have to be ILLEGAL guns.

    How does one know that?
    I don't know if the guy dressed in uniform is actually an officer. He could have bought the uniform online or stole it. I'm not going to walk up to him and ask if he's really a cop, he's got a gun.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    Skeptic wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyw1JnAstg

    This is just incredible. It is like the combination of a bad CASH for GOLD commercial and 1984.

    Big brother wants you to inform on your neighbors, and he will pay you handsomely.

    And yes that is the Mayor Booker of Newark NJ, waving a fistful of CASH IN HAND - in exchange for your information on guns and "those who think they can walk around with guns"

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cornelius, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    31

    Post imported post


  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    I believe that a telephone call can be anonymized, as from a public telephone, but not any protocol using a personal phone. Do you trust the cops?

    The $2K is bait, switched to $1K in the instructions, and even then it is "up to" $1K equivalent to 'less than'.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    N00blet45 wrote:
    "There are a small group of people in our city that think they can walk around with guns." The police?

    If I lived in Newark anytime I saw a cop I'd call the number. "Yes I see a man with a gun. I think he's wearing body armor too. He's wearing dark clothes."


    Classic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •