• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northern Door County

GlocknLoad

imported post

I have open carried numerous times in northern Door County since the AG's statement. Usually I just OC on backroads during walks and jogs. However, last evening I OCed in downtown Ephraim along the main road. I was slightly disappointed when no pedestrians noticed my sidearm.

My question is this: Are there any fellow OCers in Door County, or am I alone? If you are out there, please post stories. I am open to meeting up with anyone who wants to OC around here.

Thanks guys

hb

opusd2

imported post

I cover the area South of Chicken Harbor. I've gotten attention a few times and the farm where my folks own and I live PT, Johnny Law has been making more than a few trips past my place both night and day. I usually wave, standing so that my sidearm is well shown.

Otherwise, I am the only person I see carrying at all. It's rather disappointing.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hawkbat wrote:
I have open carried numerous times in northern Door County since the AG's statement. Usually I just OC on backroads during walks and jogs. However, last evening I OCed in downtown Ephraim along the main road. I was slightly disappointed when no pedestrians noticed my sidearm.

My question is this: Are there any fellow OCers in Door County, or am I alone? If you are out there, please post stories. I am open to meeting up with anyone who wants to OC around here.

Thanks guys

hb
Welcome to the site! :D

opusd2

imported post

hawkbat wrote:

That could be because at this time of the year you are walking among residents from so many other states and cities that WI is the minority. Since Chicago may just be the number one contributor of people, no one notices the gun in fact you are probably just conceived to be one of them. ;-)

Try in winter in downtown Sturgeon Bay on 3rd Ave and wait for the Swat squad...

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hawkbat wrote:

Thanks guys

hb

Welcome to OCDO. Please feel free to read the various posts about people who are carrying all over the state. In addition, please feel free to ask any question you may have regarding open carry.

Thank you for your interest.

Carry On.

opusd2

imported post

This weekend will be another weekend of OC for me. With the event going on in Sevastopol traffic will be detoured and there will be a large volume of extra vehicles and people passing me and the firearm displayed proudly on my hip. I'm going to find out just how many have issues.

Is anyone heading to the parade in Institute? I'm not just because I've got a lot of work to do that NEEDS to be done. Period. But if someone is, good luck and tell me how it was.

But to be a little OT, I don't want to go because I don't support all of the money spent by the school district for an over priced town hall. What an absolute waste, but it's also the sign of the times...

XDFDE45

imported post

About a 1/3 of my childhood was spent in DC during the summers. Even worked at Johnny's Cottage Rest. for 6 summers. My parents live at Moonlight Bay over on the lake side. Next time I plan on making my way up there I'll see if we can hook up.

Big Dipper

imported post

For me there are only two times in the year that aren't GREAT in Northern DC. Late March/early April (as in "mud season") and thefirst ½ of August when the tourists have the mind set of "get the he** out of my way, I'm here to have fun!