• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Gains CCW Reciprocity With Delaware!

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From VA ALERT:

"*************************************************************
1. Delaware now honors Virginia permits and West Virginia honors both resident and now non-resident Virginia permits!

I have received the following email form Jim Mullens, President of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League:

Philip:

As of today, VA nonresident CHPs are valid in West Virginia as long as the permit holder is not a WV resident.

Also, it appears Virginia and Delaware now honor each other’s permits.

See:

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/crime/concealedweapons.shtml

and

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Jim Mullins"

Another state added to the list! :D

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It looks to be "Mutual Recognition" certainly not Reciprocity. Also known as an informal agreement.

From the VSP site - Listing of states with which Virginia has mutual recognition (Jurisdictions have informally agreed to honor permits issued by the other):
Delaware is in the list

From the DE site - . However, as of today Delaware does not recognize the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by states other than those listed below, and these states do not recognize Delaware's concealed deadly weapons licenses as valid.
Virginia is in the list

Now, what is the difference between reciprocity and mutual recognition? Maybe with mutual recognition you're not "as protected" legally, being out-of-state. I'm not trying to read more into this than is necessary.