• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

reasonable priced holster belts

Marco

imported post

scoobydoo6906 wrote:
blowing extra money on a belt that can be had for half the cost is just dumb.
Options

The Liger belt for <$60 is a excellent belt.
http://www.botachtactical.com/ligerbelts.html

Uncle Mike's reinforced belt, they work great (I use one when I CC)and are reasonably priced.
http://www.botachtactical.com/unmikreinhol.html
This belt looks like a regular dress belt and won't draw extra attention like other belts might.

Aker's B22.
http://www.akerleather.com/

click Dress belts.

Michigander

imported post

scoobydoo6906 wrote:
. I know there is more to a gun belt but a $40 price point should be doable. one should be able to be had at that price point and expect it to be of good quality. blowing extra money on a belt that can be had for half the cost is just dumb.
I'm not kidding about the Raine belt I got for 21 dollars being exceptionally high quality. It's about 2.25" wide, made out of reinforced nylon, and it has a very robust buckling system. Just what you'd expect out of any good non leather belt system. And made in the USA. Sure, it might not be as pretty as this thing http://www.securityandsafetysupply.com/media/duty_gear_images/bianchi_belt_7.jpg but it's every bit as functional.

For the exceptionally frugal, there is a cheaper option for dedicated gun belts, namely tool belts, sold separately from the pouches. 6-12 dollars normally, and they are made of high quality leather that will probably stand up to a decade of daily carry.

Marco

imported post

Michigander wrote:
the Raine belt I got for 21 dollars being exceptionally high quality. It's about 2.25" wide, made out of reinforced nylon, and it has a very robust buckling system.
How does that fit through your belt loops?
Are you wearing it as a duty type belt?
How does that belt look with slacks?

That belt might be great for jeans/BDU's but how does it look with daily casual wear?

Can you post a pic of yourself wearing it with slacks/cargo shortsand a tucked in shirt?

One would still need to buy aanother belt when they wanted to be discreet (CC)or were dressed nicely.

Michigander

imported post

I very rarely CC, and I almost never have an occasion to dress up for, and I rarely have a reason to tuck in a shirt. When I do CC (some times while working), I've been merely cramming my gun down a side pocket, because I find that more comfortable than my IWB holster, and just as effective.

There is not much reason to bother taking a picture, because I wear jeans and my rig looks about like Sonora's: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=6993

It does fit through some of my pants belt loops, but the idea is to use it as a stand alone gun belt, or a duty belt, or whatever one chooses to call it. If I put it through my belt loops, I'd have to take the holster and mag pouch off every time, and that would be annoying and stupid.

The way I've been wearing it lately is gun belt slightly lower on my waist than my pants belt. It's been working nicely. How good it looks just isn't a concern of mine.

Marco

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I very rarely CC.
Me neither.
Thanks for the explanation.
For those that don't mind the duty belt look it is a viable option.

My duty belt wearing days are over:exclaim::p
[line]

Anyone looking for duty belt (used Bianchi nylon-$10 shipped)
or
LN UM Mirage duty belt, holster (Level II fits S&W 5900, 6900, 910, 915, 410or 411)double mag pouch and belt keepers (cuffs and cuff case optional)let me know, drop me a PM.

sized medium, up to 38" waist

Mjolnir

imported post

scoobydoo6906 wrote:
A belt that costs 1/5 to 1/6 of a gun is way over priced sorry. You can get a good belt from a major retailer for $20, granted its not a "gun belt" but a gun belt shouldn't cost you 5 times what a normal belt does. I know there is more to a gun belt but a $40 price point should be doable. one should be able to be had at that price point and expect it to be of good quality. blowing extra money on a belt that can be had for half the cost is just dumb.

Once again the voice of an ill informed person that will get somebody hurt or killed if they listen to such advice.

A quality belt and holster are part of a weapon system and as important as the pistol you carry.

Anybody that thinks otherwise is ignorant and needs training and schooling in the art of carrying a sidearm.

Spending $100 on a belt designed and built to carry a sidearm that cost $600 is nothing more than a good investment & shows knowledge and forethought in the art of weaponcraft.

Michigander

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Spending $100 on a belt designed and built to carry a sidearm that cost $600 is nothing more than a good investment & shows knowledge and forethought in the art of weaponcraft.

That's cool if that's your opinion, but it would only be fair to substantiate it.

I've carried guns and vastly heavier tools on belts that cost under 10 bucks for the past 7 years without trouble. I've worked along side guys who have used similar rigs for 3 or 4 decades. My 21 dollar Raine belt, which you seem to be scoffing at, is something I like, but have found through extensive experience to be an unnecessary bling item.

At this point I won't just jump all over you and call you wrong, but you need to explain why you feel as you do if you wish to be taken seriously.

Mjolnir

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:

That's cool if that's your opinion, but it would only be fair to substantiate it.

I've carried guns and vastly heavier tools on belts that cost under 10 bucks for the past 7 years without trouble. I've worked along side guys who have used similar rigs for 3 or 4 decades. My 21 dollar Raine belt, which you seem to be scoffing at, is something I like, but have found through extensive experience to be an unnecessary bling item.

At this point I won't just jump all over you and call you wrong, but you need to explain why you feel as you do if you wish to be taken seriously.

Do not take my word for it as I have only carried openly and concealed for 20+ years and am learning daily.

Attend any of the many good quality professional firearm training schools like LFI, Suarez International, EAG Tactical, Magpul Dynamics or Thunder Ranch and see what they have to say aboout a rig that is made from a cheap belt and holster while packing a $600 pistol.

compmanio365

imported post

A belt....going to get you killed. OK, mall ninja. :quirky :lol:

I carry with a Walmart special, and it's starting to sag enough to replace. Going to try one of the ones from this page, thanks for the links, all.

scoobydoo6906

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
scoobydoo6906 wrote:
A belt that costs 1/5 to 1/6 of a gun is way over priced sorry. You can get a good belt from a major retailer for $20, granted its not a "gun belt" but a gun belt shouldn't cost you 5 times what a normal belt does. I know there is more to a gun belt but a $40 price point should be doable. one should be able to be had at that price point and expect it to be of good quality. blowing extra money on a belt that can be had for half the cost is just dumb.

Once again the voice of an ill informed person that will get somebody hurt or killed if they listen to such advice.

A quality belt and holster are part of a weapon system and as important as the pistol you carry.

Anybody that thinks otherwise is ignorant and needs training and schooling in the art of carrying a sidearm.

I believe a good gun belt is critical as you do. however I think saying not having a gun belt will possibly killed is a huge stretch. If I thought that you needed to spend $100 for a good belt and it was reasonable I would throw my money down in a heartbeat I just refuse to blow money on stuff thats its not really warranted. So if I am dumb for looking for value in a holster belt or anything so be it.

Michigander

imported post

Through all of my years of martial arts and shooting training, as well as extensive use of safety harness and tool belt systems at work, I have learned something about belts and other harnessing systems. If they stay snug, don't break, don't come undone by accident, and can't easily be undone by an aggressor, they are fine, period.

In other words, if all you can do is try to borrow the credibility of others with known names to try and prove your point, I am going to agree with the mall ninja assessment.