• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weight on Conceal Handgun Permit

Drake

imported post

Essentially, my weight today (165 ibs) and on my conceal handgun permit (250) don't match up... is this anything to be concerned about?

I've actually yet to carry conceal (or open) ... I just graduated college, so starting to think I might get into it (yea I know... I been on this fourm for more then a year, reading the VCDL e-mails weekly, and yet to exercise my 2nd amendment rights).

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

DDrake wrote:
Essentially, my weight today (165 ibs) and on my conceal handgun permit (250) don't match up... is this anything to be concerned about?

I've actually yet to carry conceal (or open) ... I just graduated college, so starting to think I might get into it (yea I know... I been on this fourm for more then a year, reading the VCDL e-mails weekly, and yet to exercise my 2nd amendment rights).
As long as yer the same guy the permit is issued to, I don't think it matters... Your drivers license is still valid, right?

kle

imported post

congrats on losing the weight!

I hope it isn't an issue; my weight today (175) also doesn't match the weight after Thanksgiving 2006 (191, when I put in the paperwork for my permit).

Drake

imported post

yes it is valid... although I notice it has my height 2'' shorter than I am (well 1.25'', but I round up.... and up... and up some more... ).

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DDrake wrote:
... I been on this fourm for more then a year,
Uhhh, you've been on the forum more than TWO years!!!

You do have a tendency to " round down" a bit don't you. I'd love to see you tax return! :p

curtiswr

imported post

Call and see if they will print you a new one, but anyone checking it is probably focusing more on the name and address matching your driver's license/ID than they are the weight/height.

I got mine and they put 09 as the birth month instead of 03. Called the next day, the assistant told me they could print me off a new one right then and there for a $10 fee. We went back and forth about why I had to pay for their mistake and she said "if you want to argue come down here and do it" and essentially hung up on me. I called back after a few minutes and asked to speak with the clerk himself and I explained the issue to him. He looked up my file and printed up a new one while I was on the phone with him and reassured me that there would be no charge. I went down there and it was waiting on me, "Ah, you must be Mr...." :lol:

nova

imported post

I was sent my non-res permit that had an incorrect height and DOB. Called them (Maine) and they had a new corrected one in my hand in two days. For me it's kind of important, no one would believe I'm 5ft 7in! :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

ed wrote:
DDrake wrote:

As long as yer the same guy the permit is issued to, I don't think it matters... Your drivers license is still valid, right?
Your license becomes invalid when you weight changes+/- 40 pounds. You have to go to the DMV and obtain a new license for a new photo so that it accurately reflects you.

The state legislature passed a new change last year and if you believe this I got you because I am kidding!

The discrepancy along with the fact your height and hair color may not match the current you may cause someone to question it belongs to you.

Otherwise... it is not a big deal. Women lie about their weight all the time but their ID is still valid.. :lol:

Riana

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Otherwise... it is not a big deal. Women lie about their weight all the time but their ID is still valid.. :lol:
When we moved to VA, I had an argument with the clerk because she did not believe I was a blonde. Happily, I was able to convince her without embarrassing anyone. :p

TexasNative

imported post

Riana wrote:
When we moved to VA, I had an argument with the clerk because she did not believe I was a blonde. Happily, I was able to convince her without embarrassing anyone. :p
When I went to renew my DL for the first time at age 19 in Texas, the clerk looked at my form, then looked at me, and said, "Honey, you ain't no blond." I was heartbroken, 'cause I'd always been blond. I just grew out of it, I guess.

I was amused when I got my CHP. About 4 weeks after I'd submitted my application, I got my CHP in the mail, along with a letter from the Clerk (friendly acquaintence of mine) telling me that they'd already mailed it once, but it was returned. He hoped this one made it to me.

I looked at the envelope, and it was mailed (presumably both times) to the wrong address, but the second time, the Post Office (yes, the Post Office) corrected the error and got it to the correct address. And yes, the correct address was on the permit itself. I still get a chuckle out of this whenever I think about it.

~ Boyd

LEO 229

imported post

Riana wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Did you tell her the drapes do not match the carpet?

Crash7795

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Call and see if they will print you a new one, but anyone checking it is probably focusing more on the name and address matching your driver's license/ID than they are the weight/height.
Interestingly enough, they aren't so much concerned with address, either. About 3-4 years ago, I moved to a new address within Virginia Beach, so I called the clerk's office to see what had to be done to change my address. She said it wasn't required by law, and just to update it when I renewed by permit. Sounded fishy, so I asked her to send me the code...and lo and behold, no requirement to change the address. Don't know if that's changed since then, but I thought it was pretty cool.

On the other hand, that probably means that once they have your name, they just look you up in the central computer and get your address, weight, height, blood type,favorite color, and high school yearbook photoright at their fingertips. Ah, Big Brother....

mobeewan

imported post

Just tell them when you first got the permit you thought you were supposed toincluded the weight of the gun and you carry a much smaller one now.:lol:

LEO 229

imported post

wrightme wrote:
longwatch wrote:
You had me there for a minute I was about to ask for a cite.
+1. :lol:
Had me going for a bit LEO. :)
I could not help myself.... ;)

I figured it would get a few people to feel light headed as they started muttering.. "He better cite this..!!"

:lol:

Riana

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Riana wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Did you tell her the drapes do not match the carpet?
I knew someone would go there...:dude:

In thesummer, my hair is more blonde than in the winter. Butthe front is alwaysdark blonde/grey. When it's braided,theblonde islessnoticable.

Sometimes, the weighton my DL and CHP is right... sometimes it's not. :D

Mailman

imported post

TexasNative wrote:

I looked at the envelope, and it was mailed (presumably both times) to the wrong address, but the second time, the Post Office (yes, the Post Office) corrected the error and got it to the correct address. And yes, the correct address was on the permit itself. I still get a chuckle out of this whenever I think about it.

~ Boyd

I am one of the few mailmen who care about their customers. I have seen fellow coworkers who send mail back for 1 number being incorrect and they know exactly where it should go. Makes me mad but there is nothing I can do about it. All I can do is take care of my customer to best of my ability.

Even management is making it difficult:banghead:. There are customers who get their mail from a PO box but sometimes the mail is addressed to their street address and they have no mail receptacle. We would then write the PO box # on the mail and it would be put into their box. We have now been instructed to return those pieces with the "no mail receptacle" reason for being returned. That is not superior customer service but when you think about it customer service is declining and in some cases nonexistent in all businesses.

The guys who have worked for several decades at the PO say that in the early years they were told that if they know where the mail goes then get it delivered even if the address is incorrect.

Now on the subject of guns -- I would love for the postal service to allow those of us who have CC permits to carry if we want to :what:. I know that will only happen when we see pink elephants flying overhead. :lol:

Everybody have a great day!!

TexasNative

imported post

Yours is mostly a thankless job, Mailman, but let me be at least one person thanks you for doing your job with integrity. Unfortunately, USPS employees have mostly gotten to be like lawyers in one way: the crappy 95% make the other 5% look bad. :)

~ Boyd