Thread: Born in Dalles,Texan

Post imported post

Hey Ladies and Gents I am a former dependant of an active duty service member and was born in Dalles,Texas which I must say I love the fact that I am a citizen of Texas by birth.And I miss going back to visit as I have family that still lives there.
    My question can I get an out of state Concealed Carry License/Permit and what would I need to do to get it?
    If I gave up my USA Citizenship and just became a Texan Citizen would that then disqualify me of the CCL/P?
    In Oh we can OC with out any license which I think is pretty bad ass but I intend to move back to Texas in the next year or so.

Thanks

BTW I am very new to all of this and I do not know any Texas law so go easy on me if I noobed up ur Texas side of the Forum.

Post imported post

(Dallas)

Search Texas penal code Titles 9 sec 42.01 & Title 10 sec 46.02.

Texas will issue a non-resident CHL (I have one). Search Texas Department of Public Safety - click on concealed handgun license for info.

Very limited opportunities for OC in Texas at this time - but change is on the way.

Post imported post

Here is some additional info on non-resident liscenses.. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/texas.pdf