• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Born in Dalles,Texan

Bustelo5%

imported post

Hey Ladies and Gents I am a former dependant of an active duty service member and was born in Dalles,Texas which I must say I love the fact that I am a citizen of Texas by birth.And I miss going back to visit as I have family that still lives there.
My question can I get an out of state Concealed Carry License/Permit and what would I need to do to get it?
If I gave up my USA Citizenship and just became a Texan Citizen would that then disqualify me of the CCL/P?
In Oh we can OC with out any license which I think is pretty bad ass but I intend to move back to Texas in the next year or so.

Thanks

BTW I am very new to all of this and I do not know any Texas law so go easy on me if I noobed up ur Texas side of the Forum.

SANDCREEK

imported post

(Dallas)

Search Texas penal code Titles 9 sec 42.01 & Title 10 sec 46.02.

Texas will issue a non-resident CHL (I have one). Search Texas Department of Public Safety - click on concealed handgun license for info.

Very limited opportunities for OC in Texas at this time - but change is on the way.