• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABQ Open Carry outing

MedicOni

imported post

I was thinking that we should get as many OCers in ABQ together as possible for a group outing. Even something as simple as a nice meal at a resturant every other month or something. Anyone else be up for something like that?

Jizzzle

imported post

absolutely. I would drive from Alamo to attend. Weekends only unfortunatly. I wouldn't be able to make the drive during the week.

hybrid

imported post

I just registered to say count me in, I'll take a friend, well make that maybe 2 friends, but dont count on them.

Jizzzle

imported post

so does anyone want to set a date? I would gladly help out with organizing it, but i do live in alamo. so I'm not very familiar with the resturants in alb.

we need to pick a place that is alcohol free and probably give the establishment a heads up as to how many people will bedining at their resturantjust to be on the curtious side.

ideas?

para_org

imported post

My favorite restaurant applied for a alcohol license, oh well !!

Count me in whenever something gets firmed up. Maybe we can all meet my favorite county sheriff's deputy.

hybrid

imported post

I dont know where to go eat, but I agree we need to set a date
or we can hit every starbucks in the city. :shock:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Also think about planning an event some time in December...I will be going back to Rio Rancho to visit relatives and would like to join you all (if we have no serious hurricanes this year -- like we did Ike down here -- or if we do, I survive them).

Except, the only holster that fits my "obscuree and obsolete" milsurp handgun is a milsurp FLAP-holster...and I still do not have the definitive word flap-holsters are not considered CONCEALED CARRY in NM. Probably because no one who made the law even though about that point. Still, I'd like to know.

Regardless, set something up for December...

-- John D.

Jizzzle

imported post

those of you guys from ALB have an idea location wise? I don't mind calling and arranging it. Even doing some scouting one weekend. Lemme know.

mserr

imported post

I'd be interested in participating. As far as a "nice" restaurant, anything more than a denny's will most likely serve alcohol. Anyways, lets set this up!

mserr

imported post

Has anyone considered a pot luck or bbq at a park maybe? Unless we can find a good place that doesn't serve alcohol, I think that's our best bet.

mserr

imported post

How about fuddruckers or the owl cafe? 66 diner would work too, as long as none of those places serve alcohol.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Village Inn would be a good choice. I've only been to the one in Rio Rancho (across from Intel) but didn't notice if it had a "no guns" sign or not.

IHOP is just down the hill on Alameda but again, I didn't notice if THEY had any no-gun sign posted, either.

-- John D.

mserr

imported post

There's one on Jaun Tabo and Lomas too, I'll check to see if they have a no weapons or firearms sign.