• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABQ Open Carry outing

hybrid

imported post

whatever is good I dont mind, throwing a bbq sounds good too.

RogueWarrior

imported post

The Wife and I visited Village Inn tonight for Dinner and I asked the Manager about there firearms policy she was very nice about it and contacted her area manager about it. the AM was not sure so the AM asked the manger to email them and will forward it to head office they will have an answer by Thursday So I'll now more by then but the manger said that she does not have a problem even when I said that some of us will be open carrying so I'll post more on Thursday

hybrid

imported post

are we doing this for fun or to educate people? we might want to pick 66 dinner since tourists go there.

either way lets get this moving.

para_org

imported post

I think they serve alcohol there and we wouldn't be able to go there if that is the case.

rsavelli47

imported post

As a newbie to this site, I would welcome the chance to meet some like-minded folks. A trip from Edgewood/Moriarty would be worth it. My only question is, didn't I hear something on the news about city parks being off limits?

Nitrox314

imported post

If city parks are ok, then we should have a BBQ at one. If not, lets call some places and find out where they stand. We would have to make a large reservation if we went to a restaurant, which typically requires a call ahead courtesy. Plus, we will not be able to educate if we are all holed up in a building. It should be something outside where we can be seen. If a restaurant, get outdoor seating. Too bad Papadeux's has a bar...

PS. Route 66 would be great if it were not so close to UNM. Too close to not cause issues with some of the more "Leftist Students or Professors"

Jizzzle

imported post

Why not route 66? I actually think that's not a bad idea. They will be ok i promise. I've never heard of anyone developing any medical issuesover seeing a person OCing before.

Hendu024

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
If city parks are ok, then we should have a BBQ at one. If not, lets call some places and find out where they stand. We would have to make a large reservation if we went to a restaurant, which typically requires a call ahead courtesy. Plus, we will not be able to educate if we are all holed up in a building. It should be something outside where we can be seen. If a restaurant, get outdoor seating. Too bad Papadeux's has a bar...

PS. Route 66 would be great if it were not so close to UNM. Too close to not cause issues with some of the more "Leftist Students or Professors"
Isn't that the point? :p Educate the anti's!

hybrid

imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
Nitrox314 wrote:

Isn't that the point? :p Educate the anti's!
lets get to know each other then go from there.

so where are we going?, are we still doing something this seems dead in the water.

RogueWarrior

imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
we need a POC. I'll do it if nessesary but, I live in alamo. Any other nominations?

I'm so sorry that I have not been able to get in contact with village Inn the mother In-law has not been well and had to be moved to a assisted living place I'll ring on Thursday for sure

And if you want I'll be a POC just PM me and I'll give people my mobile number

para_org

imported post

Um... ate at Route 66 Diner last night with the family. Good food and no comments on the firearm. But then again I carry everyday and I generally get nothing but positive comments if any at all.

para_org

imported post

Guys..... why not just pic a date and those that show up, er um, show up ?

i.e.. If we make this more complicated it becomes that less likely to happen.