• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

' Road Rage Shooting ' . Self Defense . How'd you handle it ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Trial complete with videos and comment pages, JULY 2009 , update .

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/category.asp?C=169000

Acquited off duty officer speaks out about self defense road rage shooting involving a drug mother and her child . Five shots were fired hitting both the mother and child .

1.] What would you do in a similiar situation ?

2.] Woulda court and jury treat you differently ? Why ?

3.] Concerning Road Rage , have you expereinced aggression because of your pro-gun bumper stickers ?

4.] Do you think there will be a civil trial in this case ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Here's Michael Douglas playing me in " Falling Down " 1993 .

I want breakfast !

William Foster leaves his car in the middle of the freeway and walks to a fast food to get breakfast and stands in line as the 10:30 AM changes to burgers .

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Here's Michael Douglas playing me in " Falling Down " 1993 .

I want breakfast !

William Foster leaves his car in the middle of the freeway and walks to a fast food to get breakfast and stands in line as the 10:30 AM changes to burgers .

I dare say you left out a few steps.

N00blet45

imported post

Ok I read and watched the first article. This is how I understand the story, from the article. The off-duty officer, Mr. White, hit Ms. Silva's car (she was drunk at the time) with his car. Ms. Silva then chased and hit Mr. White's car with her vehicle while they were in a parking lot. Mr. White then fired 5 shots into her car.

That's hardly self-defense, at least from the facts as I've read them. First of all the man is a police officer. That makes his inappropriate behavior even more inappropriate. So let's get this straight, he hits another car and then leaves the scene (the story said Ms. Silva chased his car after he hit her, how could she chase him if he didn't flee?). Then the female rams her car into his. Then he fires 5 shots into her car.

So he left the scene of an accident and then discharged his weapon into a vehicle with no reason as to why? The story makes no mention of the woman repeatedly hitting his car at high speed or pushing him into on-coming traffic or getting out with a weapon.

Then another article says this, "Officer Frank White testified on his own behalf, telling the jury he was justified. He also said if he had seen the child, he thinks he would have let his leg be taken off before he shot at the car." So his life was so threatened that he had to shoot into a vehicle but he wouldn't have done it if he knew a kid was in the vehicle? What? If you're life is in danger you don't not shoot just because the aggressor has her kids with her.

This sounds like a classic case of road rage. Both parties are at fault and both should go to jail.