• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

no gun show report?

Goldie Glock

imported post

yes... got there about 10:00 very quick entry into the build.... GA arm guys not very busy.... Got my ammo & went to look.... wasn't very crowded... It's summer time... people on vacation ...... :cool:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
It was rather slow. Saw all the usual suspects (you know who you are! :) )

I am not a suspect! I am an alleged suspect, thank you very much.:cool:

Yes, it was slow, and it was hot & muggy outside but for once the Showplace itself was quite comfortable. The VCDL table did a lot of business answering questions from folks who had recently moved to Virginia from occupied territories, and the :what:looks of amazement at what was"allowed" - to use their words -were priceless.

stay safe.

skidmark

ufcfanvt

imported post

Got there at the opening. First time at the Richmond show for me. I stopped by the VCDL booth that was doing very well.
I was impressed. Dealers/patrons were much nicer and more open to haggling (major attraction to these shows for me) than the Chantilly show.
Prices were still pretty high, but getting better. Saw LOTS of Evil Black Rifles that were NOT moving so who knows :)
I think I'll be focusing on this show from now on and only attending the Chantilly show when I volunteer at the VCDL booth.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hlh wrote:
Maybe the madness has peaked and I should return to the next show.
It may have. I was in Walmart last night when they were putting out ammunition. No lines or wild eyed horders. No 45 ACP either:X