• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Sheriff: Woman pulls gun on Wal-Mart customers

Manu

imported post

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/50583352.html
By Tom Callis, Peninsula Daily News
PORT ANGELES, Wash. - A 37-year-old woman was arrested after the Clallam County Sheriff's Department said she threatened several people with a handgun in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Clallam County Undersheriff Ron Peregrin said Teresa Nadine Dumdie of Port Angeles threatened four other customers with a .22 caliber handgun at 4:54 p.m. Friday outside the store at 3500 E. U.S. Highway 101.

No one was injured.

Peregrin said Dumdie had argued with customers in the store after they had asked her to stop cursing and yelling at an employee.

He said she was upset with the employee, saying she had sold her the wrong kind of ammunition.

After she received her refund, she walked out to the parking lot, removed a gun from her car and confronted the customers she had argued with earlier inside the store, Peregrin said.

"The long and the short of it is, she didn't like what was happening at the store ... and as a result, pulled a weapon and threatened people with it out in the parking lot," he said.

Sheriff's deputies arrested Dumdie at 5:05 p.m. across the highway from Wal-Mart. She was booked into the Clallam County jail on investigation of first-degree assault.

compmanio365

imported post

gutshot wrote:
tat2ed_guy wrote:
I realize that we ALL have our rights but its a shame that people like this are allowed to have and carry weapons.

After this she may not be allowed to have one.
+1000....let those who commit the crimes be punished, not the rest of us that ARE responsible. She's lucky one of those customers wasn't packing themselves....she could very well be dead right now. I know I would have responded with something a bit bigger than a .22.........

heresolong

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
I realize that we ALL have our rights but its a shame that people like this are allowed to have and carry weapons.
How would you decide in advance of this situation that she didn't qualify? That is what it really comes down to. Until you demonstrate that you are unfit, you have a Constitutional right. This is where some states have stepped over the line by requiring that you prove that you are fit to carry a pistol. They interview your neighbors and friends. If one of them says something negative then they deny you your rights.

New Daddy

imported post

Walmart is looking for an excuse to get out of the gun business - K-Mart used the same one. This is all the need.

I used to converse with a police officer from North Carolina. His opinion of gun ownership was that if you weren't eligible to own a gun, you probably shouldn't be allowed out of jail.

Stlhead

imported post

My wife, my grandson and Icheck there and Sequim Wallyworld two or three times a week to check on thier ammo. I open carry all the time at both places. She can thank the Lord she is still walking.:what:point a gun at my family, I would have no second thoughts on what I would do!

Vnam68

compmanio365

imported post

New Daddy wrote:
Walmart is looking for an excuse to get out of the gun business - K-Mart used the same one. This is all the need.

I used to converse with a police officer from North Carolina. His opinion of gun ownership was that if you weren't eligible to own a gun, you probably shouldn't be allowed out of jail.
That police officer was absolutely correct. That's the real idea behind our justice system, and it used to be the way things worked. People were a lot freer back then, because our legal system followed the rules.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Well if it happened the way the story says it did then this is just terrible for all of us, just more fodder for the haters. It would be much easier if people understood that for them to be free everyone else has to be free to. I hope justice is served on this one, there was never any reason to bring a weapon into this scenario.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

heresolong wrote:
tat2ed_guy wrote:
How would you decide in advance of this situation that she didn't qualify? That is what it really comes down to. Until you demonstrate that you are unfit, you have a Constitutional right. This is where some states have stepped over the line by requiring that you prove that you are fit to carry a pistol. They interview your neighbors and friends. If one of them says something negative then they deny you your rights.
There is no way I could decide that for anyone. It just sucks that the idiot doesnt pay for this, people like us do. :banghead:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I agree it sucks, but it is the price we pay for living in a free society. Well at least that used to be the thinking.

Sometimes insane, bad, sociopathic people do things. But we can't legislate everyone else because they do.

jeeper1

imported post

Well, I guess there was an upside to the flat tire I got on my mobility scooter Friday.
I was planning on going to the PA WW Friday afternoon to buy an office chair as well as seeing if the scooter really had the range to go there and back from Sequim. I'll try again on the next warm dry day we get.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Jeeper I still plan to get my uncle up there one of these days to meet with you and your collection. I'd also like to get the info on that scooter of yours.
I was thinking that you need to do away with the tubes and go to the tube replacements.
Send me an email and we'll chat.

scoobydoo6906

imported post

I believe that 9mm or .25 acp has killed more people than the .22 lr. I am not positive but I am pretty sure I heard that some place. It seems like it was the .25 acp. It would make some since because a huge amount of gang bangers carry them. I don't know I looked but never found anything but it seems like I heard it someplace.

PT111

imported post

scoobydoo6906 wrote:
I believe that 9mm or .25 acp has killed more people than the .22 lr. I am not positive but I am pretty sure I heard that some place. It seems like it was the .25 acp. It would make some since because a huge amount of gang bangers carry them. I don't know I looked but never found anything but it seems like I heard it someplace.
I think it is according to how you want to interpret the stats. If you include wars it may be the 9mm. I think that I saw where the .25 was #1 for killing California LEO. For average citizens I think it was the .22. No matter how you look at them the .22 is a lethal caliber and to laugh at it shows ones ignorance.

Nitrox314

imported post

PT111 wrote:
scoobydoo6906 wrote:
I think it is according to how you want to interpret the stats. If you include wars it may be the 9mm. I think that I saw where the .25 was #1 for killing California LEO. For average citizens I think it was the .22. No matter how you look at them the .22 is a lethal caliber and to laugh at it shows ones ignorance.
Quite true... A .22 HP HV round can definetely kill. I am thinking that the lady probably bought the wrong type not caliber. Maybe she wanted hollowpoints or a different grain, who knows. But she should have been shot when she threatened other customers with a gun.

shad0wfax

imported post

PT111 wrote:
[SNIP] 
No matter how you look at them the .22 is a lethal caliber and to laugh at it shows ones ignorance.

+1

The .22 LR fired in almost any weapon configuration is downright lethal depending on shot placement. I would not hesitate to "shoot to end the threat" if someone was threatening me with a 22 rimfire or any firearm for that matter.