Thread: Constitution Picnic In Dodge County

Post imported post

Myself and a few others have been talking about doing aConstitution Picnic which would be pro open carry. We have a couple different parks in mind which are within 10 minutes of Horicon. Just curious as to how many people would be interested in this. We are planning on Saturday, September 12. We would like to make this a fairly large event and think it could be since we are about an hour north of milwaukee and madison. Also about an hour south of Appleton. We will take care of food and have plenty of games for kids. We are planning on accepting donations but they will be donated to a charity. There is an organization in the area called PAVE which stands for People Against Violent Environments. We thought it would be a good thing for gun owners to donate to an anti violence group. We are thinking of maybe having a couple speakers otherwise just food, fun and celebrating our freedoms as AMERICAN CITIZENS. Not necessary to carry only necessary to enjoy having freedoms. Who would be interested?

Post imported post

I could make the trip.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

I'll be there, AND I'll bring at least a couple more from the La Crosse area.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    I'll be there, AND I'll bring at least a couple more from the La Crosse area.
    I'll go if I don't have to work!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

I'm in! Sounds like a fun day. Are dogs welcome in the park?

Post imported post

I do believe dogs are allowed in our first choice of park. Does anyone know if county park ordinances apply to city parks? Dodge county has an ordinance against carrying but only for county parks. We are looking at a park in Horicon which is a city park. Does anyone have info on where to find a port a potty rental?We are planning on attending the next public safety meeting to obtain a permit to hold this event at the Horicon park. I will keep everyone posted as things progress.

Post imported post

Which parks are we talking about?

I could make it regardless of where it is, just curious though.

Post imported post

My first choice is River Bend Park. I belive I need to attend a Public Safety meeting to get a permit to hold an event at their park. The next meeting is not until the beginning of August. I am going to continue to look into other options in case River Bend won't work.

Post imported post

Any update on the picnic? I would be interested in going.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I am booked that weekend, Even though I would love to attend, I cannotmake itdue to prior commitments

Post imported post

I'm a maybe, i've been waiting for some picnics a bit closer to appleton/neenah area.. my folks are coming out from Michigan, and so i "might" come, and then my dad could come open carry too.. No guarantees though

Post imported post

This sounds fun& is close enough to me to attend, but I have a wedding to DJ that day out of town. I will be there in Spirit.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???