• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitution Picnic In Dodge County

xdfan83

imported post

Myself and a few others have been talking about doing aConstitution Picnic which would be pro open carry. We have a couple different parks in mind which are within 10 minutes of Horicon. Just curious as to how many people would be interested in this. We are planning on Saturday, September 12. We would like to make this a fairly large event and think it could be since we are about an hour north of milwaukee and madison. Also about an hour south of Appleton. We will take care of food and have plenty of games for kids. We are planning on accepting donations but they will be donated to a charity. There is an organization in the area called PAVE which stands for People Against Violent Environments. We thought it would be a good thing for gun owners to donate to an anti violence group. We are thinking of maybe having a couple speakers otherwise just food, fun and celebrating our freedoms as AMERICAN CITIZENS. Not necessary to carry only necessary to enjoy having freedoms. Who would be interested?

xdfan83

imported post

I do believe dogs are allowed in our first choice of park. Does anyone know if county park ordinances apply to city parks? Dodge county has an ordinance against carrying but only for county parks. We are looking at a park in Horicon which is a city park. Does anyone have info on where to find a port a potty rental?We are planning on attending the next public safety meeting to obtain a permit to hold this event at the Horicon park. I will keep everyone posted as things progress.

xdfan83

imported post

My first choice is River Bend Park. I belive I need to attend a Public Safety meeting to get a permit to hold an event at their park. The next meeting is not until the beginning of August. I am going to continue to look into other options in case River Bend won't work.

apierce918

imported post

I'm a maybe, i've been waiting for some picnics a bit closer to appleton/neenah area.. my folks are coming out from Michigan, and so i "might" come, and then my dad could come open carry too.. No guarantees though