Thread: Appleton TEA Party July 19th

Post imported post

There is a TEA party scheduled for Sunday July 19th just outside of Appleton. It is in Greenville. I just checked for firearms ordinances and there does not appear to be any. It is at a park but it is well out of a school zone. Do I need to check ordinances for the county? I do believe this is a city park. I think this would be a good opportunity to pass out some OC flyers and talk to some people about OC. Anyone plan on attending? Here is a link to a flyer.

http://www.jimsteineke.com/files/greenville_flyer.pdf

Post imported post

Can you please tell us a little about The Fox Valley Initiative and Americans for Prosperity? I'm not familiar with either of these groups.

Geoff

Post imported post

Me and a few colleagues attended the April 15th Appleton TEA party to protest against outrageous gov't spending, big government, etc. The media came and spun a HUGE bias against the protest, calling it "right-wing extremest" and quoting a protestor's sign "Rush is my Leader". I have a great many pictures from this event, and ofover the 500+ signs, I think maybe 3 of them were ridiculously biased towards the "right." My point being, the media is very biased up here (Appleton's Post Crescent in this case). We should ask Jim Steineke's permissionbefore weincorporate our own agenda at this event. I would rather not take attention away from his cause (or worse, give the media an excuse to ridicule his cause) without his consent.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

I agree. We were at the La Crosse Tea Party, I even gave a few minute presentation and LOTS of info the the crowd afterwards, BUT....

we were invited.

You also need to be cognizant of sending a mixed message.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Anything happen at this rally?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

I was not able to make it to the tea party. I was going on a charity motorcycle ride early sunday morning outside of Chicago and I suddenly got a flat tire so I was stuck in Illinois last night until I could get a new tire on this morning.

Post imported post

xdfan83 wrote:
    I was not able to make it to the tea party. I was going on a charity motorcycle ride early sunday morning outside of Chicago and I suddenly got a flat tire so I was stuck in Illinois last night until I could get a new tire on this morning.
    I also ride. How was the flat? Was it a blow out?

Post imported post

It slowly leaked out so no blow out. Just a pain in the butt.

Post imported post

Even though I wasn't able to make it to the tea party my father in law, brother in law and his brother all went and open carried. They didn't hand out any brochures but had many people thanking them and many people who wished they had carried. They even had a few people stop to take pictures of them. Overall it went extremely well with no problems what so ever. They said there were close to 3,000 people there so hopefully that will have got some more people to start carrying. There is another tea party coming up in Fond Du Lac August 2nd. Im not sure I will be able to attend but they are all planning on going and carrying again. Hopefully more people will be there carrying. Carrying is getting more and more normal.