• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The other Self-Defense RCW

cynicist

imported post

RCW 9A.16.110 Defending against violent crime — Reimbursement. (1) No person in the state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting by any reasonable means necessary, himself or herself, his or her family, or his or her real or personal property, or for coming to the aid of another who is in imminent danger of or the victim of assault, robbery, kidnapping, arson, burglary, rape, murder, or any other violent crime as defined in RCW 9.94A.030.
This is the one that mentions force to defend property, unlike justifiable homicide, and also requires reasonable means. In CJ class we were taught the specifics of it but I can't seem to find the source.

Soekris5501

imported post

But weren't there a few cases in Washington where an individual was found guilty when defending themselves/others?

I am looking for the article/post and will reply once I find it.