• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NWI OC adventures!

45orbust

imported post

I OC everyday everywhere (to an extent). Havent posted up in awhile but ever since I got my LTCH in Jan its been great, and never once was I harrassed. Chase bank, Countless wal marts (was questioned in schererville store once then left alone with a "have a great day" remark from loss prevention). Just about any store you can think of within 20 miles of Merrillville I have OC'ed in. always the occasional "is that legal" question, but not much more. Suprisingly when I took my LTCH to get laminated the lady behind the counter said she does at least 10-20 a day. I'm assuming still not many people choose to or are aware of OC. I know many of you are from around this area but to be totally honest, I have not seen one other person OC around this area (other than myself, and a co-worker who I turned onto OC'ing) since I moved here last September. Been pulled over 2x also since arriving, once out in Warsaw and all I got was a flashlight and 2 eyes glued to my glock 30 on my hip through my windshield by a back up officer while I was waiting and a friendly "just keep your hands on the wheel if you will" and a second time by ISP, While he didnt demand it he asked to run my s/n from my gun to make sure it wasnt "hot", which I didnt have a problem with. Really nice guy came back with just a warning saying "heres your license, registration and firearm have a good evening, and just slow down a bit". Needless to say, although it was a cold winter, from 20 years in FL to here, I like it so far!!

45orbust

imported post

should I also add, never any problems around and in Gary where I drive through to work, motorcycle thru downtown between 10p-2am, never a problem OCing ,even with PD pulling up alongside at lights, although a random impala with busted out windows pulls up and man says" yo man you got a gun? why you got a gun man!?" that still makes me laugh....

Jubbie

imported post

I've been OC'ing in the Region for a year now. The only time I've seen someone else OC'ing is either a buddy of mine or when we had the OC get-togethers. Gotta admit though that I don't really look at people's hips. Of course if my peripheral vision catches a skirt my eyes will venture lower, but I haven't seen any girls in skirts OC'ing unfortunately. Just so many people in this area, and so little number of OC'ers. I have 10 family members up here and only run into one about once a year out in public, just that many people and that many places to go.

45orbust

imported post

Beau wrote:
I thought Gary was a carry no-no. At least that is what I have heard.
Been going through there since october with no issues, even convo with some of Gary PD who stop in at work say that some officers frown on it but all are aware of the laws and it's mainly its all in "how you present yourself", whether some would question you or not. As far as city specifics, there is no non-OC laws or anything that would keep you from carrying, CC, OC or otherwise