• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro Mackinaw City

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

The sign on the door of the Bass Pro in Mackinaw City says - guns or bows for service or repair need to be checked at the desk. So I went in with my XD on my hip to look around, went upstairs with two friends to watch my back and looked at the guns on display. After 8 or 10 min the counter guy says " hey pardner, you got to cover that up":banghead:. I tried to get out of him what his problem was and he indicated that " you are scaring customers in here":banghead::banghead:. Apparently they didn't get the memo in Mackinaw City. I was then told to leave, so I let my friends know that I was given the boot and made my way to the door. I stopped at the bow shop on the way out and had the guy there pull up the OCDO site on his computer. I showed him where the Info thread was, he said he would print up stuff from the Info thread to give to the guy at the gun counter. I know, I know I shudda had tri-folds with me but when I tried to print them before I left, my printer was out of ink. Best I can do now, I'll go back later CCing with my other friend OCing and see what happens. The guy at the bow shop was real friendly and not offended in the least about my method of carry and once outside my friend said that the bow guy told him that his dad sometimes carry's open:). More later.springerdave.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

They have a "relationship" w/ Bass Pro (sell Bass Pro branded items) but they are not part of the company... They do make the store look somewhat like a Bass Pro store too, so I can see the confusion. But, from what I know about it, they are a different company.

GaZirra

imported post

An unfortunate incident indeed.........better to have contacted management rather than the archery guy(actually, he wasn't the "archery guy"-he was covering my lunch)....he doesn't make or break policy....and the individual that brought about your grief was certainley mistaken.

To my knowledge, OC is welcomed, and Management has notindicated anything to the contrary.

Mackinaw Outfitters is not owned, affiliated, or otherwise associated with Jay's Sporting Goods, or Bass Pro Shops, so addressing the situation with them will be a moot point.

I OC myself when out of work. I live in Gaylord and have had the stares and comments....so be it.....all we can do at times is to politely educate.

GaZirra

imported post

Thanks not needed for sure, and if anyone ever has a problem in here with anything like that, by all means contact store management.

I lurk here on occassion when I have a few minutes....lots of good info to pass on where it needs to be passed on.........