• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor signs SB1113 allowing concealed carry into bars/restaurants that serve alcohol

Thoreau

imported post

Woohoo! Been waiting for this from the momentI heard about it being proposed. My first impression of our new governor is, thus far, quite good =)

Too bad it won't be effective until September 30th, but hey, I can survive that much longer.

davesnothere

imported post

While I'm happy about the passage of any Bill that gives us back the rights we should already have, I also believe that we are focusing on the wrong laws here as the most significant.

We now have the new Parking Lot rule, allowing all of us to breathe easier when we store our guns in the car while we're at work. This alone is of more significant impact from a time perspective for most of us. This means that while we still may not be able to go armed in the workplace, we can be armed to-and-from the workplace.

We have clarification of the rules on Defensive Display.

These two Bills bring us more liberty than the mangled and partially approved Restaurant Carry rule.

Now, if we can push closer to Alaska/Vermont Carry next year, we're going in the right direction. We just can't give up on the push. Activism takes years.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

davesnothere wrote:
While I'm happy about the passage of any Bill that gives us back the rights we should already have, I also believe that we are focusing on the wrong laws here as the most significant.

We now have the new Parking Lot rule, allowing all of us to breathe easier when we store our guns in the car while we're at work. This alone is of more significant impact from a time perspective for most of us. This means that while we still may not be able to go armed in the workplace, we can be armed to-and-from the workplace.

We have clarification of the rules on Defensive Display.

These two Bills bring us more liberty than the mangled and partially approved Restaurant Carry rule.

Now, if we can push closer to Alaska/Vermont Carry next year, we're going in the right direction. We just can't give up on the push. Activism takes years.
You're right about all of that.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

How ironic that I am in California on the day all this fantastic news comes from home! I received the text message while at Sea World, this is AWESOME. Thank you AZCDL, you guys are awesome.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Actually... I expect to see a resurgence in 'No Weapons' signs at the entrance to many such places. People have been carryin' concealed 'n drinkin' in Arizonafor longer than many of the folks in this legislature have been alive. (Psssst! It's CONCEALED.... Really... hidden pretty good too... No... I don't wanna sit down... OW!)

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
People have been carryin' concealed 'n drinkin' in Arizona for longer than many of the folks in this legislature have been alive. (Psssst!  It's CONCEALED.... Really... hidden pretty good too... No... I don't wanna sit down... OW!)

Amen Brother!!!! I did the same in Chicago.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

My wife's from Chicago... so did she. We met in Baltimore... (now called Bleedmore)... 'n she carried there as well.No... you can't get a permit there either. The vacant eyed mouthbreathers who serve as politicians 'n local mediacan't get the rightto self defensethru their heads. Most of the people that I knew ofwho carried concealed were women.

Two of her sisters have also 'escaped' to Arizona from IL.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Notso wrote:
Yeah, now next year if we can get the concealed restriction removed.....
And then the "not a drop of alcohol" restriction...

A little over a year ago I visited my state of birth, and the first thing I did was sit down with my dad and enjoy a Famous Sam's burger and a tall beer.

I don't see the harm of drinking, as long as you're not getting intoxicated to the point of losing self control.