• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond crime story of the week!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

This is straight out of the "So how's that working out for ya? - Not too good!" file!

What's really sad is that the taxpayers will have to front the money for a newpolice car. Thearsonist will probably never get caught.

Richmond police cruiser set on fire in Barton Heights

By Staff Reports

Published: July 14, 2009

A parked Richmond police cruiser was found early today on fire and with its rear windshield smashed out by a brick.

No injuries were reported in the vandalism, which was discovered about 12:50 a.m. in the 2900 block of Barton Avenue, Capt. Dave Martin said.

The cruiser had been parked along the street in Barton Heights for a short time as part of the department's strategy of placing unmanned cruisers in neighborhoods as crime deterrents.

"One of the sergeants came back and saw smoke coming from the vehicle," Martin said.

After the fire had been extinguished, police found a brick on the floor of the car, Martin said.

It was not immediately clear what had been used to start the fire, Martin said.

"We've towed it to hold for an investigation, but we couldn't tell," he said.

Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers anonymously at (804) 780-1000.

-- Joe Macenka

TFred

imported post

Spotsylvania County has one of those... the thing that gets me is that they have the windows tinted extremely dark so that you can't easily see that there is nobody inside. I'm not a tinting expert, but I strongly suspect the car is not street legal to drive, which if so, it quite ironic.

TFred

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Maybe next time they'll set up a critter-cam to catch 'em in the act?

Even better.....

claymore-thumb.jpg

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jim,

Could you clarify which way that ^^ should be pointed? The printed directions are a bit confusing, given the topic of the original post.

stay safe.

skidmark