• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colerain Twp. cops Want Assault Rifles

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

As long as they don't get something the locals can't legally own, who cares?

I dislike the term "assault rifle" when referring to a semi auto, but like clip for magazine, the misuse seems to have entered the language.

Olympia Police all have an AR -15 (made by Olympic Arms, go figure) and a Remington 870 in their cars, along with whatever sidearm the officers choose.

And I could give a crap.

Olympia is considered the 6th safest city in the US of it's size. The cops have guns the people can buy, and the people here can have the guns the cops have if they want. A town full of liberal moonbats for sure, but there is plenty of firepower here.

My point is, we really shouldn't give a crap. I don't care if cops have long arms in their cars. They've got an "assault rifle" I've got an "assault rifle." They've got a shotgun, I've got a shotgun. They've got a handgun, I've got one. If I had the money I'd have a .50 BMG which they don't have. And the overall statement again is "Who cares?"

If they all had full auto weapons in their cars I'd be pissed. They don't.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

Olympia Police all have an AR -15 (made by Olympic Arms, go figure) and a Remington 870 in their cars, along with whatever sidearm the officers choose.

And I could give a crap.

Olympia is considered the 6th safest city in the US of it's size. The cops have guns the people can buy, and the people here can have the guns the cops have if they want. A town full of liberal moonbats for sure, but there is plenty of firepower here.
Of course the cops have plenty of firepower. The left has always advocated arming their governments to the teeth. Why would you see tension there?

My point is, we really shouldn't give a crap. I don't care if cops have long arms in their cars. They've got an "assault rifle" I've got an "assault rifle." They've got a shotgun, I've got a shotgun. They've got a handgun, I've got one.
They have a monopoly on the use of force. You have a...?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
They have full-auto M16s in shotgun racks here in Alexandria. So if the SHTF I know how to get one.:uhoh:

I have gotten to know the county Sheriff . I want his department to be well armed . Full automatic weapons are OK by me .

WTSHTF I am still a law abiding citizen .

Alexcabbie

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

And I could give a crap.

Of course the cops have plenty of firepower. The left has always advocated arming their governments to the teeth. Why would you see tension there?

My point is, we really shouldn't give a crap. I don't care if cops have long arms in their cars. They've got an "assault rifle" I've got an "assault rifle." They've got a shotgun, I've got a shotgun. They've got a handgun, I've got one.
They have a monopoly on the use of force. You have a...?
Back in the 70s the Left strenuously objected to riot guns in cop cars as "offensive weapons". And they do NOT have a "monopoly" on use of force. That "monopoly" crap is a key ingredient of KoolAid. :cool:

smoking357

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
They have full-auto M16s in shotgun racks here in Alexandria. So if the SHTF I know how to get one.:uhoh:

I have gotten to know the county Sheriff . I want his department to be well armed . Full automatic weapons are OK by me .

WTSHTF I am still a law abiding citizen .
And the law in such a nation is?

LEO 229

imported post

Police say they are coming into contact more often with suspects armed with semi-automatic weapons. Officers carry 9mm handguns.

"All we are trying to do is get on the same level playing field as the bad guys," Demeropolis said.

If the request is approved, the weapons would be in cruisers for use as needed in about a year, he said. Officers would still carry their handguns.

after a gunman armed with an assault rifle killed three relatives in a home...

When police responded to that incident, the suspect, Timothy Sturgel, pointed an assault rifle at officers, Demeropolis said.

"No one had anything to return fire with besides a handgun," Demeropolis recalled. "You're fighting a losing battle like that."

An assault rifle also was used in the August 2004 shootings at a Kmart store in Colerain that killed a Kmart employee and seriously wounded a customer, he said.

Alexcabbie

imported post

When I was studying Criminal Justice Administration at NVCC I suggested that 9mm pistols would maybe be better equipment than revolvers for a modern force, whereupon (this was 1978) I was just about laughed outta the campus by officers who said "You are NEVER going to see a 9mm in Fairfax County". I kinda lamely pointed out that .38Spl and .357 Mag were both actually 9mm rounds but......

I also got hoots of derision when I suggested bike patrols, and for much the same reasons as they are actually used today. SO. Today the young visionary is a middle aged cabbie and his detractors?

They are riding bikes and packing nines.

They're right. It DOES taste better when eaten cold. :celebrate

Alexcabbie

imported post

David Spade is an idiot, Razor. He is a dancing monkey and I do not look to entertiners for wisdom (nor do I expect them to be any dumber than the average Joe) and the Department may have needed the arms; and may well have welcomed Spade's donation. But David Spade is an IDIOT.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

It means that if the government had a monopoly on force I would not own any guns.

It means that I have the ability to apply force in my own defense or that of another.

It means that when the Washington State Constitution spells out that the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense or defense of the state shall not be impaired, that I have arms for that purpose, and thus there is no monopoly on force.

And if you are worried over a small collection and a couple of cases of ammo, you are probably on the wrong forum.

WheelGun

imported post

The term 'monopoly of use of force' is a recent term that haswormed its wayinto common use. It is BS. The Second Amendment specifically guards against the government having such a monopoly.