• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another BB&T robbed.

Jshu

imported post

Police: BB&T robbed at
gunpointUpdated: Friday, 10 Jul 2009, 12:21 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 10 Jul 2009, 12:21 PM EDT
CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Chesapeake police need your help locating and identifying a bank robbery suspect.
Police say the BB&T on Volvo Parkway was robbed Friday, at around 10:13 a.m. Police tell WAVY.com the suspect was armed with a handgun and demanded money. The suspect was seen leaving the bank in a maroon or burgundy colored Ford Taurus.
No one was injured in the incident.
Witnesses describe the suspect as a white male in his late 20s to early 30s. He was tall, wearing a black and gray hooded sweatshirt, with blue jeans and sunglasses.
If you have any information that could help police call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

Source: http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/local_wavy_ches_bank_robbery_20090710

They really should put up those "No Robberies" signs.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Hey BB&T - How's this working out for ya?

bbtsign.jpg

Not too good!

marine2000

imported post

Well what can i say.......We asked them to take down those stupid signs in the first place so that we could entirely avoid having this discussion.......:banghead:

I guess BB&T is being very generous with their stakes....

Just imagine had there been one of our fellow brothers in that bank armed and concealed....

MSC 45ACP

imported post

marine2000 wrote:
Well what can i say.......We asked them to take down those stupid signs in the first place so that we could entirely avoid having this discussion.......:banghead:

I guess BB&T is being very generous with their stakes....

Just imagine had there been one of our fellow brothers in that bank armed and concealed....
Or even armed and OCing? It could very well have turned out like the Suntrust episode I read recently about where one of our "Roomies" was standing in a teller's line shortly after the bank opened and a BG walked in,did the Geico :what:and left in a hurry.

No shots fired, no paperwork, no good guy's guns confiscated...

marine2000

imported post

They all know it but they just won't admit it.

Yes , having a firearm on your strong side is a very huge "Visual Deterrent".It shows authority regardless ofwho you are unless you "are faster than a speeding bullet" you are just a mere mortal like everyone else.

No moron in their right state of mind would want to challenge anyone with a firearm in the old western shootout.

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Apparently everything but Beretta 92/96 series pistols are allowed in there. The robbers must have used something other than a Beretta since the no Berettas sign was up.