• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Former US Marine UOCer detained by deputies in Lomita, CA

cato

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=202505

by 6172crew

I have a cop buddy who said his dept gave a briefing about a Marine who was stopped for UOC. The main reason for the brief was to educate the deputies and let them know the people who are exercising their right to OC are doing so to sue the city and the department.

The LT at the station made a comment about the Ex-Marine is a bad guy at which time my buddy tells her he is a Former Marine not and Ex Marine. She replied with another comment about this guy should be considered ex and not former.

She left the room so my buddy wasn't able to ask her why she thought this is a bad guy when he hasn't broken any laws. There were a few deputies who thought like the LT but he said for the most part the deputies didnt see the issue with what the guy was doing. He spent a few minutes explaining that the Marine wasnt breaking any laws and shouldn't have to worry about it.

The letter referenced opencarry.org
[/quote]

artwork by oleg volk: