Thread: Ok no guns in state fair but what about........

Post imported post

I understand firearms must be locked in vehicle during IN state fair , but what about small city festivals such as Whiting's "Pierogi Fest" which I will be attending next Fri and Sat?? Being so close to IL and not milling around through Whiting much, anyone have OC experience at the festival or the city in general??

Post imported post

I go to pierogi fest in Whiting. I always have a good timeand it has a friendly atmosphere. I personally have never carried OC or CC. The only thing you have to fear is overeating.

Post imported post

zeebandit wrote:
    I go to pierogi fest in Whiting. I always have a good timeand it has a friendly atmosphere. I personally have never carried OC or CC. The only thing you have to fear is overeating.
    Not sure I agree with the bold part of your statement. You can not know when and where a crime may take place. The whole point of carry is to be prepared for what may come.

To the poster. I know nothing of the fair in question. If you don't get a more specific response from another member you can 1)Call those in charge of the fair for clarification. 2)Show up and look for signs posted regarding firearms. I would CC until I made sure there were no signs posted and then if so desired switch to OC. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

Most local fairs have it posted on the entry signs. I have often still CC without incident. But that's up to you!:what:

Post imported post

yeah from what I understand it is just like a street festival, with no set entrances or anything. I might start out CCing, but I hate to sweat on my glock so if its to hot its off to OC'ing! I'm just so used to it now, haven't been hassled yet but we'll see

Post imported post

Went to the street fair in Noblesville last weekend and OC'd. All went fine. Great little fair.:celebrate

Just like God intenedted! God Bless America!