• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok no guns in state fair but what about........

45orbust

imported post

I understand firearms must be locked in vehicle during IN state fair , but what about small city festivals such as Whiting's "Pierogi Fest" which I will be attending next Fri and Sat?? Being so close to IL and not milling around through Whiting much, anyone have OC experience at the festival or the city in general??

zeebandit

imported post

I go to pierogi fest in Whiting. I always have a good timeand it has a friendly atmosphere. I personally have never carried OC or CC. The only thing you have to fear is overeating.

Beau

imported post

zeebandit wrote:
I go to pierogi fest in Whiting. I always have a good timeand it has a friendly atmosphere. I personally have never carried OC or CC. The only thing you have to fear is overeating.

Not sure I agree with the bold part of your statement. You can not know when and where a crime may take place. The whole point of carry is to be prepared for what may come.

To the poster. I know nothing of the fair in question. If you don't get a more specific response from another member you can 1)Call those in charge of the fair for clarification. 2)Show up and look for signs posted regarding firearms. I would CC until I made sure there were no signs posted and then if so desired switch to OC. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

45orbust

imported post

yeah from what I understand it is just like a street festival, with no set entrances or anything. I might start out CCing, but I hate to sweat on my glock;) so if its to hot its off to OC'ing! I'm just so used to it now, haven't been hassled yet but we'll see

Anderson IN

imported post

Went to the street fair in Noblesville last weekend and OC'd. All went fine. Great little fair.:celebrate

Just like God intenedted! God Bless America!